Finance Officer I at Breakthrough Action / Nigeria
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviors-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in par…
Read more about this company
Finance Officer I
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The Finance Officer I will together with other finance team members implement efficient finance activities within the office, and responsible for ensuring all BA-Nigeria cost share is captured and adequately documented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Support the DFA to Ensure all cost share Opportunities are APPROBATION, captured and documented were monthly basis.
- Ensure retroactive identification and capture of all cost share from project inception to date.
- Update Nigeria BA-cost share tracker was regular basis and Ensure proper documentation and filling of all cost share supporting documentation.
- Liaise with HQ and Field Offices staff in capturing all cost hare Opportunities and Support Obtaining Necessary documentation was regular basis.
- Assist with the monthly finance postponement by imputing QuickBooks invoices into the accounting software.
- Ensure PAYE and Withholding Taxes are remitted before the last day of the month to the responsible parties.
- Monitor budget expenditures against approved budgets.
- Assist finance training for new staff on project finance operations;
- Review purchase orders, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for the project finance and senior management team;
- Ensures That All Supporting materials are available and attached to the payment vouchers
- Withdraws cash from the bank for program activities and makes necessary disbursements after obtaining necessary approvals;
- Ensure travel advances and activity withdrawals from the field office are retired before they are due;
- In close coordination with relevant finance staff, assist with monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepares Local Purchase Orders using JHU / CCP formats;
- Prepares source documents for both cash and check payments;
- Supervise all field office petty cash transactions;
- Assist with identification and payments to vendors, ensure proper authorization for payments, distribute payments as required; oversees the processing of staff claims and advances;
- Additional duties assigned to by their supervisor
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in a relevant field (Accounting or related finance field).
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ NGO experience is required. Previous experience in capturing cost share and implementing USAID funded projects in Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, teamwork, and meeting short deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV only as one PDF document to: [email protected] using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
Application Instruction / Notice
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- Address the education / experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (eg: CHINEDU OGUAGHAMBA).
- The subject line of your email should be the job title along with the job location. Eg “Finance Officer 1 – Abuja ”
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately.