Financial Account / Administrative Officer at an Engineering Firm – Talents and Skills Africa Consulting
Talents and Skills Africa Consulting – Our client, an Engineering firm is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Account / Administrative Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Our client, an Engineering firm specializing in power systems planning and maintenance as well as other power related projects and engineering services is currently hiring an experienced Financial Accountant, who will also serve as the Admin officer overseeing daily business operations.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Plan and co-ordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations.
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Organize and supervise office activities.
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments.
- HND or BSc in Accounting or any related course.
- CIMA, ACCA or ICAN membership is an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in accounting/administrative role.
- Excellent accounting software user (Peachtree or Sage) and administration skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies.
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles and customer service procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented- having an eye for details required in managing tasks and reporting.
- Strategic planning skills and resourcefulness.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected].net with the application title as the subject of the mail.