Financial Accountant at an Agribusiness Company – Nextzon Business Services Limited
Nextzon is an emerging market management consulting andenterprise development company, inspired by a collective mission of building and transforming business enterprisesfor phenomenal success in the market they operate in.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- You must have a track record of strong operational performance and are looking for an opportunity to transition into an exciting new role.
- Compile and analyse account data to create capital, liability, and asset account entries
- Enter account details to document financial transactions
- Analyse accounting alternatives to suggest financial actions
- Collect data to summarize current financial status
- Prepare profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and other documents
- Audit records to substantiate financial transactions
- Prepare and recommend procedures and policies by maintaining accounting controls
- Coordinate activities and answer questions to guide accounting clerical staff
- Collect and examine account information necessary to reconcile financial discrepancies
- Complete database backups to secure financial information
- Follow internal controls to ensure financial security
- Verify documentation, requests expenditures, and prepare disbursements
- Research and interpret accounting regulations and policies to resolve procedural questions
- Study current and new legislation to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local financial regulations
- Advise management on necessary operations to enforce adherence to legal requirements
- Gather, interpret, and compile account trends and data to create specialized financial reports
- Ensure client confidentiality by keeping financial information secure
- Achieve individual and team goals by contributing to effort as needed
- Other delegated duties as assigned by the department supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- A Master’s of Business Administration degree will be an added advantage
- An ACA, ACCA, or any regulatory recognized accounting certification is compulsory
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, or Accredited in Business Valuation credentials will be an added advantage
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and financial reporting software
- 5 – 10 years experience with financial accounting systems, extraction of financial data, and data analysis
- Ability to work under extensive time constraints
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates who meet the above criteria and live in Kaduna State or its immediate axis are encouraged to apply.
- All CVs must be saved with the candidates’ full names only. Any CV not saved with candidates’ full names will not be treated.
- Only those who meet the above criteria need to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due course.