Financial Analysis & Reporting Lead at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1s…
Read more about this company
Financial Analysis & Reporting Lead
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reporting To: Head Management Accounting
- This role is responsible for assisting the Head Management Accounting in Financial Analysis, Rates and Tariffs, and Management Reporting.
Rates and Tariffs:
- Review the MYTO model to ensure correctness and completeness.
- Regular updating of the MYTO model.
- Expand the MYTO model from its current annual configuration to a monthly basis, and expand the factors on which a true-up adjustment can be based to reflect the additional factors such as ATC&C losses and customer numbers (by tariff category).
- Use different assumptions to simulate possible tariff paths that would ensure the revenue requirement is met within the price control period as determined by NERC from time to time.
- Preparation of other tariffs that might be required by the business.
- Ensure that all financial and statutory regulations are complied with
- Ensure that accounting policies, guidelines for recording financial transaction, prudent accounting
- Preparation of Management Reports.
- Preparation of internal and external reports
- Carrying out financial analysis as may be required.
- Overseeing the inventory process and accounting.
- Assist in the preparation and carrying out of internal and external audits.
- Carry out any other duty as requested by The Head, Management Accounting
- First Degree in a numerate subject, deep experience in financial analysis and use of analytical tools with at least 5 years. Relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Requires between 6 years’ relevant work experience with advanced/ extensive knowledge and mastery of relevant theories, principles and complex techniques gained through broad experience or special development.
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. ACA, ACCA are essential.
- Knowledge of Statutory laws & Accounting standards
- Financial Modelling Skills
- Finance & Accounting
- IT system dynamics
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus