Fixed Income Dealer / Trader at a Financial Institution – Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited
Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited – Our client, an interdealer Broker licensed by the SEC is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fixed Income Dealer / Trader
- GVA Partners is currently recruiting for our client an Interdealer broker licensed by the SEC. They are part of an investment banking group with offices in Lagos.
- Our growing team requires an experienced Bond Dealer who is ready to assume more responsibility and help grow a new operation.
- Your primary responsibility is to profitably make secondary markets to investors and buy and sell bonds with investors and other dealing institutions on a principled or agented basis in accordance with the firm’s risk policy and trading guidelines.
- Your responsibilities will include generating and executing trades, maintaining the portfolio accounting database, and managing trading platforms.
- The right candidate will be an expert in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and will be teachable, a quick learner, and prepared to build a team of junior Traders.
- Communication to senior executives will be a key part of this role, which will report to a Partner.
Experience / Requirements
- At least 2 years of experience trading bonds and bills, including primary and secondary market trading of treasury bills, sovereign bonds and corporate securities and instruments
- Detail-oriented, good with numbers and competitive, the right candidate will have some experience with financial modeling and valuation, and will be good with presentation generation and analysis.
- Demonstrable experience and interaction with other dealers and traders in the market and demonstrated ability to keep tabs on prices and levels of security prices.
- This person should be able to work closely with other treasury market dealers and investors and should be entrepreneurial, able to build relationships with others in the market, collating relevant information, and experience in executing trades.
- This person should possess excellent research skills to help determine market sentiment via valuation and data analysis. This candidate should be conversant with FMDQ trading platforms, software, and initiatives as well as being familiar with Bloomberg trading platform.
- Monitoring the Nigerian and international market performance. Monitoring prices in specific products. Providing key parties with daily trading information. Female candidate is preferred.
- We are a flat organization, and we want someone who can report to very senior executives and work thoroughly with minimal supervision.
- We are prepared to compensate generously, and we will expect to examine candidates to verify their skills.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree qualification
- 1st Class or 2nd Class Upper Degree
- At least, 2 – 5 years of progressive professional experience in trading
- Experienced dealing with banks and other financial institutions that trade bonds and other securities
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC or have an exemption letter.
- Competitive cash compensation, performance-driven corporate culture.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2021.