Fleet Officer at GZ Industries
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
GZ Industries is West Africa’s leading aluminum can manufacturer, expanding rapidly to sub saharan Africa.
To operate a world class Aluminum Beverage Can Manufacturing facility.
little white space
canTo produce high quality Aluminum Cans, using the best technology and personnel, while meeting the expectations of ALL our …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Abia
- Job Field Logistics
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review daily operations of dedicated trucks in the company’s fleet to ensure they are available for daily loading operations.
- Drive efficient truck turn around time for trucks in the company’s fleet to ensure better customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates with Third Party Transport Companies to provide regular reviews of operations, driver management, costs etc.
- Collaborate with the warehouse team to ensure planned trucks are immediately available and positioned for loading in line with the loading activities for the day.
- Reviews periodically as well as on-the-spot checks of Third-Party Vehicles to ensure Quality and Safety Standards of vehicles are met.
- Works closely and supervises Third Party Drivers to deliver the highest possible level of service to GZI Customers.
- Documents, implements and maintains the requirements of the Quality, Food Safety, Environment, Health and Safety management systems.
Product Delivery and Logistics
- Monitors Trucks Shipment routing to meet up with the Turnaround Time (TAT) using both the tracking device and approved route plan analysis.
- Works with sales & marketing team by scheduling deliveries according to the plan,coordinates the delivery of cans to customer’s locations and prepares delivery reports.
- Liaises with clients, suppliers and transport companies for prompt delivery of customers goods in good condition.
- Manages customer service requests promptly and resolves issues quickly.
- Prepares and submits timely reports and analytics of Fleet Effectiveness and Cost Efficiency to management.
- Carry out a daily reconciliation of the dispensed diesel with the VMI service providers to ensure accuracy of authorised and dispensed quantity.
People & Performance Management
- Monitors Third Party Fleet performance against targets; as well as supervises drivers.
- Minimum of a First Degree or HND in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration or any other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role within the manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of Fleet Management Software to track and monitor the various aspects of fleet and driver operations.
- Hands on experience using an ERP especially SAP to manage fleet operations.
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications for data gathering and analysis.
Apply using Fleet Officer as subject of mail.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love