Food Distribution Assistant at Plan International (4 Openings)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Distribution Assistant
Location: Pulka-Gwoza, Borno
Slot: 4 Openings
- The food distribution assistant is responsible to assist the distribution of food rations in compliance with Plan International Nigeria and UNWFP policies for an effective and smooth running general food distribution program.
- The food distribution assistant will work under the direction of the food distribution officer and will collaborate closely with other project staff employees within the commodity department.
Dimension of Role
- The food distribution assistant is responsible assisting distribution of food commodities on the field according to the methodologies and guidelines provided by Plan International. Distribution assistant will be part of a distribution team responsible for ensuring a smooth and clear distribution process, from enrolment to disbursement.
- They are responsible for monitoring beneficiaries’ enrolment, verifying their identity card. During disbursement, they will be responsible for monitoring the process together with Community Mobilizers. This will include spot-checks on beneficiaries’ identification.
- To assist the Distribution Officer to arrange, organize and attend distributions and provide prepare post – distribution reports
- To assist the Distribution Officer to organize and arrange distributions according to SOP defined by PLAN
- To assist Distribution Officer in the distribution of commodities to eligible beneficiaries by strictly following verification process and methodology and standards defined by PLAN
- To Foresee crowd control, verification of beneficiary and receipt of entitled commodities by the beneficiary in exact amount as entitled in methodology;
- To collect all data needed for reporting after distributions.
- Submit accurate and detailed reports on distributions and assistance provided to beneficiary during distributions
- Ensure that all commodities entrusted to Plan International arriving at food distribution point are properly accounted for.
- Scrutinize all waybills for commodities arriving at the distribution points. Ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill. Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any (In the field and FDP). All observations must be recorded immediately.
- Commodities must carefully be counted during off-loading.
- At the distribution points, commodities must be stacked in an organized manner, by commodity type to facilitate easy distribution.
- Take active role in the registration and verification of beneficiaries to ensure that the process is fair
- Organize and supervise general food distributions in the field and FDPs.
- At the food distribution points, commodities must be properly stacked on plastic sheeting
- Ensure that the food distribution point is properly organized and secured with ropes and crowd control measures put in place to ensure smooth distribution and flow of beneficiaries.
- Responsible to ensure that all necessary distribution equipment’s are available at the distributions point, including forms, ropes, banners, plastic sheets, measuring devices etc.
- Supervise loading of food that is left over after distributions. Ensure that a waybill is prepared for food to be returned to the warehouse.
- Prepare daily distribution point visit reports and Food Monitors report. This is a MUST
- Ensure proper completion and safe return of all tally documents and beneficiary lists to the office for safe storage.
- Ensure proper accounting of all quantities of commodities received and distributed at each distribution point.
- To assist Distribution Officer with distributions and data entry after distributions as required;
- To assist Distribution Officer with surveying of beneficiaries and others when needed;
- To assist Distribution Officer with data analysis and reporting when called upon;
- To assist Distribution Officer to process data and information from field – in particular ensure quality, consistency, accuracy, truthfulness, comprehensiveness of all distribution data;
- To assist Distribution Officer in mass information awareness campaign to inform beneficiaries on distribution related information;
- To assist Distribution Officer in preparation of the monthly/weekly work plan schedules;
- To prepare all other report upon request by the Distribution officer;
- Provide with suggestions on improvement of the work process if needed.
- To ensure that up-to-date files, beneficiary lists are maintained, both electronically and in paper form;
- To perform accurate filing of all processed documents, monthly consolidated filing of key project documents in the office.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Nutrition, Agriculture, International Development, Business Administration, Management and Economics or any other discipline relevant to development.
- Previous experience in a related position for at least 1 years, including working in general Food Distribution & Nutrition projects.
- Experience working on a UNWFP-funded projects
- Experience in working “In-kind Distributions” projects
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values and principles.
- Applicants from Borno State are encouraged to apply
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.