Food Scientist and Technologist at Chicken Wimpey Foods Limited
Chicken Wimpey Foods Limited is an indigenous organization with ties to multinational companies and trusted in the art of distributing, logistics, and retailership of agro allied products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Scientist and Technologist
- Use chemistry, microbiology, engineering, and other sciences to study the principles underlying the processing and deterioration of foods;
- Analyze food content to determine levels of vitamins, fat, sugar, and protein; discover new food sources;
- Research ways to make processed foods safe, palatable, and healthful; and apply food science knowledge to determine best ways to process, package, preserve, store, and distribute food.
Job Requirement and Responsibilities
- OND qualification is required in related fields
- Check raw ingredients for maturity or stability for processing, and finished products for safety, quality and nutritional value.
- Develop food standards and production specifications, safety and sanitary regulations, and waste management and water supply specifications.
- Develop new or improved ways of preserving, processing, packaging, storing, and delivering foods, using knowledge of chemistry, microbiology, and other sciences.
- Search for substitutes for harmful or undesirable additives, such as nitrites.
- Study methods to improve aspects of foods such as chemical composition, flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, and convenience.
- Study the structure and composition of food, or the changes foods undergo in storage and processing.
- Test new products for flavor, texture, color, nutritional content, and adherence to government and industry standards.
- Confer with process engineers, plant operators, flavor experts, and packaging and marketing specialists in order to resolve problems in product development.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.