Food Security and Livelihoods Deputy Project Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
WHO ARE WE ?
Emergency First International is an international NGO, non-profit, apolitical and secular. Emergency First International was born from the merger between two French NGO PremiÃ¨re Urgence and Aide MÃ©dicale Internationale.
First International Emergency assists civilian victims, marginalized or excluded by the effects …
Read more about this company
Food Security and Livelihoods Deputy Project Manager
- Job Type Contract
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Agriculture / Agro-Allied  , NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration of contract: 8 months
- Under the direct supervision of the Food Security and Livelihood Deputy Project Manager (DPM), the Food Security and Livelihoods Supervisor is responsible for the daily implementation of the Food Security and Livelihood Program activities in Maiduguri, Borno State.
- The FSL supervisor will supervise the organization, implementation and monitoring of FSL activities within her/his geographical assignment on daily basis.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Implementation and monitoring of the Food Security activities
- Lead the implementation of food security and livelihood activities according to the FSL program direction and ensure program quality standards are maintained at field level.
- Organize and supervise all FSL assessment activities pertaining to the project deliverables such as post distribution monitoring, monthly vendor shop monitoring, price monitoring and/or market assessments.
- Follow up and support her/his team in the identification and registration of beneficiaries, and supplier/vendors.
- Follow up and support the collection of any relevant information from the communities and partners.
- Follow up and support his/her team during E-voucher card distribution and disbursement.
- Contribute to analyzing humanitarian situation in the field and ensure his/hir team are familiar with “Do no Harm “policy.
- Follow up and support to determine protection issues in the field and liaise to his/her Line Manager.
- Follow the guidelines, methodology & protocols & train the officers on them.
- Providing supervision to his team and allocate staff under his supervision to Bulama’s area with manageable caseload allocation.
- Ensure that the Food Security Officers have proper work plan (daily and weekly) and tools in place to execute their regular assignment.
- Organize regular meeting with his/her team and ensure they have necessary support.
- Identify the technical and administrative needs of the team under his/her supervision.
- Build the technical capacity of the team under supervision through regular on job mentoring and feedback.
- Conduct performance appraisal of Food Security Officers under his/her direct line management.
- Involve in the recruitment of Food Security Officers where applicable.
- Ensure that beneficiaries and local populations understand the Food Security and Livelihoods Program projects’ goals and agree with the implementation process.
- Actively participate to the good collaboration with local leaders and community representatives for smooth implementation of the program activities.
- Liaise with the local community representatives and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activities.
- Ensure proper training and supervision of the community’s volunteers who take part in the project.
- Follow up and support the sensitizations for the beneficiaries or community’s members according to the identified needs.
Communication and Reporting:
- Report to the FSL HDPM on the progress of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, the quality of relations with beneficiaries.
- Submit daily and weekly situational report to line manager on daily and weekly basis.
- Prepare weekly task for his/her team and submit to his/her line manager for validation.
- Collect, enter and analyze his/her team necessary food security data according to the need of the program.
- Extract and pass on compiled statistics (beneficiary, cards, assessments, monitoring, etc) to his/her line manager.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her supervisor and HDPM/PM.
- Develop the first draft of success stories/ best practices documentation in line with FSL activities.
- Report any information, problems, issues to his/her direct and or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, PUI programs and security matters.
Logistic & Administration:
- Ensure organizational policies, standard operation procedures, security rules and procedures are maintained by the team under his/her supervision.
- Under the responsibility of the FSL DPM, take part in logistical and administrative organization, planning, and preparation of the field team.
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools during on-site works by her/his team.
- Support and manage the supply of materials to the worksite in collaboration with logistic department.
- Collect security information, and perform as Protection and Security Focal Person within his/her team.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Language skills: Fluent in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages – Kanuri and Hausa
- Education degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Food Security, Disaster Risk Management, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Agricultural Extension, Agribusiness Management, or related fields. Previous experience with NGO is required.
- Work experience: At least 2 years or more experience in a similar position in an INGO’s preferably related to food security, livelihoods or emergency response, recovery and resilience building, and cash transfer program.
- Previous experience in Humanitarian assessment, monitoring and evaluation is an asset.
Knowledge and skills:
- Food Security and Livelihoods programming
- Cash Programming
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Baseline surveys & Assessment
- Computer skills
- Proficient user of MS office (world and excel) and data collection tools (kobo, ODK, GPS, GIS)
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues
- Transversals skills
- Excellent knowledge of Borno State, willing to travel locally
- Team spirit
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Capacity to mobilize community
- Well organized and rigorous
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure