Food Security SCOPE Registration Officer (For Nigerian Nationals)
Job position- Food Security SCOPE Registration Officer
Work location – Magumeri.
Reporting to– Food Security Field Coordinator
Supervision of – SCOPE Registrars
General purpose of the position
Under the supervision of the Food Security (FS) Field Coordinator, the role oversees the implementation of the WFP funded SCOPE registration activities in all the Food security and Livelihood project locations within Borno state. The role-holder closely liaises with other FSL Project Officers and SCOPE Registrars to ensure smooth registration of beneficiaries and issuance of SCOPE cards to enrollees. S/he will be the overall supervisor of the scope registration team and will be responsible for field management, coordination and regular monitoring of the project in all the areas of operation.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Manages and regularly updates the Food Security and Livelihood project SCOPE/digital registration in compliance with the defined project strategy as well as INTERSOS and WFP guidelines.
- Supervises the SCOPE registration team and provides appropriate guidance and oversight as they conduct daily field activities.
- Total management of the SCOPE/ digital registration equipment, materials and data.
- Manages the SCOPE /digital registration data, progress report of the e-registration activities to enhancing smooth distribution exercise.
- Facilitates the training of Scope project staff on Scope online/offline system focusing on efficient planning, coordination, and implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Manages shared e-registration related complaint in accordance with WFP guidelines.
- Liaises closely with WFP SCOPE Unit/Office regarding SCOPE implementation and related issues.
- Actively participates along-with other project officers in coordination meetings, if requested.
- Prepares and submits all SCOPE registration activities report.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with all stakeholders – WFP, Community support groups, community leaders, NGOs, to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
- Participates actively in the monitoring of the project in collaboration with the M&E Officer with specific attention on the efficiency of the WFP Livelihood, BSFP, GFD etc.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferably in Bachelor degree in Computer Programming/Sciences/ Engineering or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Nutrition, Agriculture or other relevant discipline and evidence of NYSC discharge certificate
- Highly computer literacy (ability to adapt software packages to contexts)
- Experience as a SCOPE registration officer with an INGO partner
- Minimum 3 years Banking Sector experience working on ATM machines or 3 years’ experience in the NGO Sector of which 2 years should be working in SCOPE Registration/ e-registration programming / or project implementation in a humanitarian context;
- Experience in data collection, analysis and problem-solving;
- Experience in SCOPE registration, training and report preparation;
- Proficiency in computer science and engineering
- Good speaking, writing and reading skills
- Fluency in English and familiarity with local languages with be value addition but not necessary
- Ability to put up with job pressure; deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines;
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardships.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Demonstrates openness and transparency
- Computer programming different sort of packages
- Good organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to travel between across locations of implementation within LGA
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted. Application deadline: apply no later than 7th July 2020 at 4:00 PM
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.