Foreman Turbine/Generator at Lonadek Global Services
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Lonadek is a firm of Consultants with a passion and desire to implement and develop Local Content in a manner that adds value to all stakeholders. Our goal is to ensure that locals and indigenous companies develop themselves and utilise tested systems, processes and procedures to deliver quality goods and services in the Gulf of Guinea and the world.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience None
- Location Not specified
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Our client in the Power Industry is in need of a Foreman (Turbine/Generator) who will train, manage, coordinate and guide groups of technicians. The preferred candidate should be able to plan and arrange all requirements of the individual groups needed to execute projects and deliver in record time whilst adhering strictly to the company’s quality and safety guidelines. Candidates with strong technical and managerial abilities will be better suited for the role.
- Identify the EHS requirements for execution of the site assembly and installation activityas per risk assessment and arrange. Support the groups in doing the same.
- Identify the materials required as per the assembly/GA drawings and BOQ for each activity; check the condition, prepare every component and make ready for assembly.
- Identify the requiredtools that are needed for assembly and installation and test the tools, check for calibration etc. as per the erection procedure.
- Identify the lifting tools and tackles as per the lifting plan or the site assembly or installation requirements, check condition of lifting tools and tacklesincluding the certification.
- Identify requirement of special tools that are required for handling and assembly or installation and its condition.
- Train, support and give direction to groups for assembling or installation of the components as per drawingand erection procedure, measurements as per control sheets, and other relevant projects on site.
- B.Eng. or HND in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Must possess Industrial Training Institute certification
- Experience in Large Hydro Power Plant installation.
- Experience in handling groups engaged for power plant installation works.
- Excellent leadership, planning and people management skills
- New assembly workshop training is an added advantage
Please ensure your CV and Cover Letter is sent in MS Word format.
Note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.