Fresh Jobs at Africa Youth Growth Foundation
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Africa Youth Growth Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Program Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Method of Application
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 8 – 10 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Project Management
The program director/manager must possess knowledge in key areas of management, from setting, implementing strategies and fundraising. He/ She must understand the value of planning strategically and monitoring and evaluating outcomes with an eye on concrete objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a vision that is singular and that provides unity and inspiration within an organization
- NGO project proposal writing
- Lead and manage by motivating employees to remain optimistic even when faced with challenges and encouraging good performance and values
- Allocate resources and supplies as to ensure staff and volunteers can complete their responsibilities to their highest potential
- Create programs and challenges that are as effective and efficient as possible
- Ensure that all implemented activities are relevant to the mission and vision of the organization
- Engage the external community as to build and maintain essential relationships
- Invest in building relationships, both with the outside community and with the population that the Organization is targeting
- Support and connect with the population targeted by the Organization
- Be the public face of the Organization
- Carry out fundraising efforts with only the highest ethical standards
- Identify fundraising strategies that benefit and complement the mission and vision of the Organization
- Advocate and embrace change and listen to the needs of the people they serve
- Recognize and support change within a specific population
- Utilize essential interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Support the Organization’s board members by supporting their operations and administration
- Must have at least 8-10 years work experience with proven track record of project implementation with a credible Local or International NGO.·
- Must be able to write NGO project proposal and work without supervision.
- Must have deep understanding of the socioeconomic context in which AYGF operates i.e must have deep understanding of international relations, as well as knowledge of the management challenges present in the field.
- A master’s degree in international relations or related field.
Profession training on project Management.
go to method of application »
Human Resource Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 – 10 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
We are looking for an HR Manager to oversee all aspects of human resource practices and processes at AYGF.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall Organizational strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future organization needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- At least 7-10 years proven work experience as HR Manager in an NGO
- Must be people oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR software and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practice
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
Method of Application
Note: AYGF is an equal opportunity employer, women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
Interested Candidates should send their applications to a[email protected] with a cover letter not more than one page specifying motivation for the application, addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation indicating position applied on the subject line
N/B. This position is open only to applicants residing in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja Nigeria and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love