Title: Gender Advisor
Reports to: Senior Advisor, HIV Prevention
Location: Kwara and Niger
The Gender Advisor will be responsible for implementing the ACE gender strategy as well as work with other staff of the project to ensure that ACE provides comprehensive and age-appropriate clinical post-GBV care that meets expressed needs of survivors including GBV prevention and male engagement activities where necessary across all target locations. The Gender Advisor will work closely with other members of the Jhpiego gender team to implement Jhpiego-Nigeria’s gender inclusiveness strategy and other gender/GBV related programs.
· Provide technical assistance and strategic guidance on the implementation of PEPFAR priorities for gender equality and GBV programming on ACE project.
· Work with project teams to overcome gender-related barriers to accessing services across the HIV services cascade.
· Work with project teams to strengthen gender components of training, job aids and reporting or data collection tools at all levels
· Mentor and work with state teams to integrate gender strategies into their work, supporting Jhpiego gender equality interventions.
· Work with monitoring and evaluation teams to analyze and report on indicators measuring the outcomes and impact of interventions around gender and gender- based violence.
· Conduct supportive supervision to ensure that Jhpiego’s gender equality targets and RISE GBV targets are being achieved across the states where projects are being implemented.
· Write periodic donor reports and technical papers on specific projects
· Present and share lessons, best practices and successes related to addressing gender equality on Jhpiego programs
· Provide technical support on a range of activities implemented by the gender team, liaising with administrative, programs, financial and procurement teams to ensure smooth implementation of activities.
· Maximize opportunities for increasing Jhpiego Nigeria’s gender equality portfolio of work and support new business development initiatives including resource mobilization and proposal writing.
· Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or Development Studies or demonstrated equivalent through experience.
· Minimum eight years program experience in public health and/or international development, preferably promoting gender equality.
· Minimum three years of senior-level experience providing technical advice on gender equality in programming.
· Strong technical capacity and practical experience in designing and implementing gender sensitive development programs.
· Strong analytical skills, especially for conducting gender analyses.
· Strong knowledge of gender and global development issues, preferably with understanding of USAID and PEPFAR’s approach to gender quality and gender- based violence.
· Proven experience in developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating advocacy/gender projects and programs.
· Strong understanding of inclusion and mainstreaming issues and approaches
· Experience in working with high-level counterparts and engaging with Government officials and other development partners.
· Previous work experience working in an iNGO / USAID funded projects is considered an advantage.
· Excellent group facilitation, multi-stakeholder consultation, and strategic planning skills
· Strong writing skills, both for technical and program reports.
· Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in cross-cultural teams and under tight deadlines
· Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
· A personal commitment to gender equality.
· Able to undertake frequent travel.
How to apply:
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to [email protected] using “Gender Advisor, Kwara” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Tuesday 5th April 2022
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org