Gender and Inclusion Specialist
The Gender and Inclusion Specialist will ensure that project activities effectively integrate gender considerations and mainstream vulnerable groups, such as women and persons with disabilities. The specialist will support the design and implementation of project activities that address the unique human rights challenges that women face, and how to incorporate gender and social inclusion concerns in advocacy activities. S/he will support project management with recommendations for improving processes to achieve objectives, will contribute to the overall adaptive programming approach, and will play a key role in project work planning, learning and reporting.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance to the Chief of Party and field staff on inclusion and gender issues across all program areas;
- Conduct gender analysis at program outset and incorporate findings in work plan and baseline data for ongoing monitoring and learning purposes;
- Develop and deliver training to program staff and relevant stakeholders on inclusion-related issues, tools and approaches, and conduct awareness raising initiatives;
- Deliver technical assistance to stakeholders to build capacity around development of inclusive practices and policies;
- Incorporate gender and inclusion approaches in all project activities, including research and data collection;
- Work closely with field and HQ staff, including the COP, DCOP, and technical specialists to develop and implement appropriate messaging plans;
- Develop annual project work plans in collaboration with field staff, and contribute inputs to all donor related reporting mechanisms.
- Provide technical leadership related to GESI across program activities.
- With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity building of specific technical components of programs.
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with technical staff of implementing partners.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, gender studies, community development, peacebuilding or other relevant field (advanced degree preferred);
- Minimum of seven years’ relevant professional experience managing and implementing development activities, including those related to gender integration and inclusion;
- Ensures the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Strong knowledge and skills related to GESI and general understanding of GESI concepts and principles.
- Experience engaging men on gender related issues;
- Experience managing and implementing programs related to countering trafficking-in-persons, prevention of sexual and gender-based violence and child- and early forced marriage preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others;
- Experience with gender analysis highly desired;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; and
- Ideally, the candidate will also have worked on USAID or other donor programs and be familiar with USAID’s approach to gender sensitivity and inclusion.
Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Please apply directly through FHI 360’s Careers site via the following link: https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Abuja-Nigeria/Gender-and-Inclusion-Specialist_Requisition-2020200726