Gender-Based Violence Advisor
Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Gender-Based Violence Advisor for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria. This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe State. The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
· Manage regional clinical staff responsible for GBV case management
· Work to reduce pervasive GBV and stigma and discrimination
· Oversee refresher courses to train clinicians to confidentially look for and recognize signs of GBV and intimate partner violence and provide linkage to clinical and non-clinical response services and improve reporting of GBV using NigeriaMRS
· Work with the Grants Manager to award and manage grants to CBOs that address social cultural norms related to sex and gender, GBV prevention, and sensitization
· Oversee the support for community stigma and GBV reduction activities with religious and community leaders
· Advanced degree in international development, public health, research, gender equality, or another relevant field
· Five years of demonstrated professional experience in policy and advocacy, communications, research design and publication, program implementation and/or technical advisory services in the areas of preventing VAWG, GBV, IPV, SRHR, and/or gender equality
· Prior GBV case management experience
· Prior experience implementing USG-funded programs
· Candidates with experience working in Northeast Nigeria highly preferred
· Willingness to travel frequently to Northeast Nigeria (Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States)
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
· Fluency in English required
How to apply:
Please submit an electronic submission of your CV and cover letter to https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/nigeria_sharp_to3 by April 17, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.