We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden
Options seeks a consultant to train a global team of maternal and child health advocates, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to design, implement, and monitor gender-responsive programming and facilitate discussions on gender with other advocates and government stakeholders.
The purpose of the assignment is to strengthen the knowledge and skills of the E4A-MamaYe team in gender-responsive programming and ensure that the team is ready to confidently deliver on the activities and results outlined in the reinvestment proposal. The objectives of the assignment are:
- To increase the knowledge and skills of the E4A team on basic gender concepts and gender response programming including how it can be designed, implemented, and monitored
- To contribute to the design of the E4A gender-responsive program strategy through practical training activities and action planning.
We welcome applications from individuals or teams of consultants based in Kenya, Nigeria, or the UK.
The consultant(s) should have:
- 5+ years’ experience leading GESI mainstreaming and transformative approaches across the program cycle, ideally on health and/or advocacy related programs.
- A relevant Master’s degree in social sciences, gender studies, development studies, public health or relevant field required.
- Skills and experience to deliver engaging and participatory workshops with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and soft skills to work sensitively and respectfully with people from diverse cultures.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic, and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, Kenya, or Nigeria
How to apply:
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Closing date for applications is: 16 May 2022
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).