Banyan Global is a development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact. Our unique team comprises seasoned private sector and international development professionals. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Banyan Global maintains staff around the world. Banyan Global is a women-owned small business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Expert – Nigeria
Job ID: 2022-1763
- Banyan Global seeks gender experts in Nigeria to provide technical assistance and capacity-building support to USAID/Nigeria and Implementing Partners (IPs). This consultancy is for a Work Order under the Gender Integration Technical Assistance (GITA) II Task Order. To learn more about Banyan Global’s GITA II Task Order, please visit our website.
- The gender expert will support USAID/Nigeria to increase gender and inclusive development integration across the sectors of education, economic growth, peace and democratic governance, humanitarian assistance and health. The consultant’s contributions will span across the USAID Program Cycle, with a particular focus on activity design and implementation. The consultancy will develop tools, templates, and processes in line with USAID policies, while also building staff capacity to integrate gender within work plans, activity design, and budgeting.
- The Work Order is anticipated to take place across 12 months, with consulting assignments ranging from tasks that will require week-long, full-time commitment, to longer-term tasks that will require part-time dedication over multiple months. One or multiple individuals may be considered to support the anticipated Work Order. Individuals who are available at least part-time for an extended- period (6-12 months) and who have experience with USAID are strongly preferred.
Responsibilities will be subject to ongoing coordination between USAID / Nigeria and Banyan Global. Examples of potential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical assistance to USAID IPs in conducting activity-level gender analyses and creating strategies that respond to analyses findings.
- Facilitate sessions with USAID IPs to understand challenges and needs for integrating gender considerations within their activities and design learning resources to address those needs.
- Develop resources for improving the identification of and response to gender-based violence within USAID activities.
- Design methods and templates for tracking and reporting on gender integration activities and budgets.
- Identify private sector partner opportunities to advance gender equality, GBV, and inclusion objectives.
- Adapt tools and templates, from USAID and other donors, to develop resources that are easy to understand and apply.
Banyan Global is seeking consultants with extensive cross-sectoral gender expertise in Nigeria with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 13 years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 10 years of experience in research, policy formulation, program design, or program development experience working on gender issues in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with USAID/Nigeria programming and USAID Program Life Cycle strongly preferred.
- Strong writing, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience developing easy to understand informational materials, such as how-to-guides, templates, briefs, and training modules.
- Skills in facilitation and delivering training sessions.
- Experience in gender-mainstreaming within organizations and/or gender integration within program design. Experience conducting organizational change management initiatives preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and intercultural skills that support productively interfacing with USAID staff and local partners.
- Fluency in English, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Note: Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.