General Manager at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Trust and Investment Limited (ATIL)
The Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, ATBU, Bauchi was established in 1980 as the Federal University of Technology (FUT), Bauchi, located in the North Eastern part of the Nigeria with Dr. Jerome Udoji and Professor A. O. Adekola as the pioneer Pro-Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor respectively, while Alh. Adamu Aliyu was the first Registrar of the University. …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Bauchi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
- The Company currently has eight units, namely, the Printing and Publishing Unit, the Water Packaging Unit, the Bookshop Unit, the Cleaning and Sanitation Services Unit, the Securities and Guards Unit, the Construction and Property Development Unit, the Consultancy Services Unit as well as the Head Office / Administration and Finance Unit.
- It is in this regard that the Board of Directors of the Company seek to engage the services of, and hereby invite applications from dynamic, competent, qualified and interested individuals to fill the vacant position of the General Manager, GM.
- The General Manager is the Chief Executive Officer of the Company, and along with relevant subordinates, is responsible for its day-to-day running, and reports directly to the Board of Directors
- The GM will be charged with executing the afore-mentioned activities as well as securing new ones for the generation of more revenue for the University mandate of the following:
- Ensure that the goals and objectives of the Company are met;
- Provide overall leadership and supervision in the day-to-day operations of the Company;
- Ensure effective and efficient use of the Company’s resources;
- Provide directives as well as coordination to the units of the Company towards enhanced productivity and profitability i.e Printing Press, Water Factory, Sanitation and Guard and Construction Units etc.
Applicants are required to possess:
- Honours Degree or equivalent in Business Management / Administration, Accounting, Marketing, Engineering, Environmental, Agricultural or Social Sciences
- Additional Postgraduate qualification will be added advantage
- Information and Communication Technology proficiency and membership relevant professional bodies are mandatory
- Minimum of Ten (10) years cognate working experience of which three (3) years must be at Senior Management level.
Candidate must possess the following qualities:
- Demonstrate competence in developing and implementing strategic initiatives, policies and procedures for business development.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as a proven record of managerial capabilities including experiences in business management, financial, organization development arid team leadership.
- Track record of initiating positive and progressive organizational change and development.
- Demonstrate the initiative and ability to establish and maintain a wide range of clients including government and non-governmental organizations in sourcing businesses for the Company.
Conditions of Service
- Appointment shall be for a period of four (4) years subject to probationary period of one (1-) year before confirmation subject to satisfactory performance
- The remuneration and conditions of service are attractive and negotiable.
- The appointment may be renewed upon evaluation and satisfactory performance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit ten (10) copies each of Application Letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (attaching photocopies of relevant documents) under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “Post of GM, ATIL” and addressed to:
The Secretary to the Board,
ATBU Trust and Investment Limited,
c/o Council Secretariat, ATBU, Gubi Campus,
P.M.B. 0248, Bauchi,
- Candidates are advised to request three (3) of their referees, one of whom must be their immediate Head / Supervisor, to forward reports on them under confidential cover addressed to the Secretary to the Board on or before the deadline.
Note: Suitable candidates will be shortlisted and be invited for a short interview / interaction that may include short aptitude tests and / or short examinations.