General Manager, Business Development and Operations at Greengates Group Limited
Greengates Group Limited is a multinational and majorly family held equity company established over 22 years ago to provide world class products and services in all the countries it operates. From a vantage position, presence and partnerships with time tested and successful institutions in major industrialized and commercial capital in Europe, North America and Asia, we have acquired a world class solution to meeting our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Business Development and Operations
The Job Summary
- General Manager Business development and Operations is responsible for driving growth in the company and all its subsidiaries, setting business objectives for the company and it SBUs
- He must have strong business acumen with great people management skills.
- Responsible for creating and delivering the growth strategy for the business with full P&L accountability.
- Responsible for general management of the business unit and provides guidance to directors and managers and other leadership colleagues as well as motivation to all staff within the unit.
- Supervise and assign duties to company subordinates.
- Operate a client-responsive organization and be the point elevation person for clients when required.
- Oversee the store, account admin to ensure proper accountability, etc.
- Direct the planning and coordination of a Greengates group plan including facility expansion and equipment modifications to support future business growth and compliance.
- Leads the budget process and accounting, booking keeping of stock.
- Develop appropriate business strategies to achieve financial targets
- Prepare team business plans, budgets and any subsequent revisions
- Review monthly team and financial performance against plans and budgets
- Analyse and explain budget variances (i.e. deviations from plan, recommend corrective action, etc.)
- Prepare marketing, sales and call reports as defined below
- Deliver revenue budget
- Manage cost budget to achieve cost reduction targets
- Ensure timely collection of receivables.
- Implement regular and documented calling program for all customers (i.e. call plans, call reports, etc.)
- Implement customer commitments as defined and/or agreed during marketing calls
- Log/report and evaluate all customer complaints/issues
- Ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of all customer complaints/issues
- Implement a process which quickly/immediately surfaces and documents customer issues/complaints
- Identify and develop new customer segments.
Internal Business Processes:
- Ensure that all business and financial terms are agreed with the customer, documented and appropriately executed/signed-off.
- Set up and document business processes which assure our revenues and deliver customer satisfaction.
- Set-up and maintain ordered customer files in a standardised format which facilitates speedy and efficient access to customer and business information.
- Ensure that all in-coming business correspondence has a received stamp indicating the receiving unit/department, and date and is signed off by the receiving officer.
- Develop and periodically review pricing structure for all the revenue areas.
Innovation, Learning & Growth:
- Develop training/knowledge improvement plans for self and supervised staff based on key skills requirements and identified skills gaps.
- Ensure skills upgrade of self and all supervised staff through on-the-job and other training interventions.
- Deliver continuous improvement in revenue quality, customer satisfaction and internal business processes within areas of responsibility.
- Lead by good example.
KPIs (Key Performance Indices)
- Achievement of overall revenue target to be set n assumption of duty
- Implementation of new revenue streams (Products and services)
- New business development (revenues from new customers and products)
- 95% Collection of receivables within 90 days maximum
- Cost consciousness and achievement of cost management targets of 10% from the previous year
- Develop product specification for all revenue areas which i
- Identify, develop and implement new business opportunities within the Group.
- Achieve 100% signed MOU/Contract with all corporate customers
- Documented and executed customer calling programs
- Timely implementation of customer commitments (i.e. under-promise and over-deliver)
- Adequate surfacing and documentation of customer issues
- Speedy and adequate/satisfactory resolution of customer complaints
- Customer retention (revenues from existing customers).
- Develop and implement a clearly defined pricing and discount structure with inbuilt authorisation levels
- Standardisation of key marketing and sales documents (Intro letter, MOUs, Price matrix, etc)
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, Group and Company policies and procedures.
- Documented customer agreements
- Quality of organisation and completeness of customer and business records
- Quality of internal business processes and business controls which support service delivery and assure revenues
- Quality of internal business processes documentation for processes under area of supervision.
Innovation, Learning & Growth:
- Quality of self and staff training plan
- Quality and frequency of documented on-the-job training interventions.
- Training of self and staff on internal business processes relevant to job performance
- Introduction and execution of business innovations resulting in improved customer retention/satisfaction, revenues, staff quality/productivity, and/or cost reduction.
- B.Sc / B.A. in Business Administration or any other related field with at least 5 years is required
- Minimum of 5year of prior experience as a GM / General Manager in a manufacturing company.
- Proven leadership and people management skills, including the ability to recruit and retain a highly motivated team and nurture and mentor talent.
- Pleaase only candidates in Lagos need apply.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Supervisory skills
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Interviewing skills
- Time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office especially Excel and Word
- Competence to drive growth.
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.