General Manager, Commercial at PTK Consulting Limited
PTK Consulting Limited – Our client whose scope of business revolves around real estate, construction, facilities management, water treatment and property renovation across Nigeria.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Commercial
Location: Lagos (All Branches)
Employment Type: Full Time
- To oversee the procurement of services, materials, equipment leasing as well as supply and leasing contract management and negotiations
- Take responsibility for procurement of services, materials, and equipment leasing.
- Ensuring the delivery of an effective and flexible procurement strategy and ensuring a structured approach to procurement.
- To provide professional advice to Executive Management on project procurements, contract management, and contract negotiations.
- Oversee pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation, and preparation of contracts.
- Keep abreast with market trends, Contract laws, and relevant Govt. policies and effectively align with our business strategy.
- To establish and deliver aggressive cost management targets and performance indicators to demonstrate value for money from the strategic procurement services.
- Undertake supplier risk analysis; credit and insurance policy checks, agree service levels and standard terms and conditions of contract.
- Examination and testing of existing supply and leasing contracts.
- Liaise with the Projects team leads and Professional services consultants to ensure that each procurement is carried out in line with the defined scope and /or specifications.
- Liaise with the Projects Admin and Storekeeper(s) to ensure that procured items (materials & services) are delivered on time, to scope, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Manage risk exposure for supply and lease contracts and agreements and secure strong 3rd party SLA, parts & equipment warranties and performance Bonds where relevant.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop & implement robust procurement policies and procedures and regularly provide input on materials-store management systems/strategies
- Regular site visits to ascertain project needs, progress, and identify areas of improvement with QS, PM and QC departments.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Reports- Generation of technical reports and presentations.
- Performs other duties or projects as required or as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators Weighted Average
- Timely & Efficient Delivery of Requirements
- Accurate Delivery on scope and specifications
- Cost Control/Savings
- Quality Control & Assurance
- Management of central BOQs & Material schedule dashboard
- Strategy Implementation & Effectiveness
Contract Management Key Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Survey.
- 10 years post-graduation experience (At least 5 years in the Construction Industry)
- Professional Qualification – Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (with Seal).
- Experience with handling large scale procurement for construction
- Excellent Multitasking Skills
- Planning & Project Management Skills
- Strong Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills
- Communication Skills – Articulation, Enunciation & Elocution; Written
- Detail-Orientation – Meticulous, Punctilious & Conscientious
- Diplomacy, Discretion & Business Ethics
- Interpersonal & Relational Skills
- Excellent Supervisory & Leadership Skills
- Excellent Numerical & Data Literacy Skills
- Statutory Laws & Regulations Familiarity
- Team Orientation & Spirit
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Quality Control – The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of transactions. Reports:
- Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Reports
- Procurement Dashboard & Material schedules- Shared drive
- Bill of Quantities- Starting, updated and As-built per project, perhaps type.
- Comprehensive Suppliers and consultants list- Shared drive
- Ad hoc Reports Employee.
- Procurement Management
- Project Management
- Statutory & Regulatory Compliance
- Quality & Cost Control.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: [email protected] using “General Manager, Commercial – Lagos” as the subject of the email.