General Manager, Operations at Hamilton Lloyd & Associates
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors. The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solutio…
Read more about this company
General Manager, Operations
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
Overall Purpose of Job:
- The General Manager, Operations will also act as the Chief Operating Officer. This is a senior role with full strategic, operational and commercial responsibilities.
- The ideal candidate will have an extensive pipelines construction and process engineering background within Oil & Gas sector and be experienced with fabrication.
- He / She will also be responsible for the following business activities- Pipeline Descaling, Pipeline Integrity Survey and Inspection, Cathodic Protection Services, and related services.
- Establish and oversee budgets, plans, policies and programs that will effectively implement the business strategies and objectives in line with Company guidelines, with the primary goal to increase revenue and improve profitability.
- Coordinate with appropriate company personnel to plan business objectives, set and adjust pricing, develop local organizational policies, coordinate functions and operations between departments, and establish responsibilities and procedures for obtaining objectives.
- Drive continual improvement in all disciplines, with specific emphasis on operational efficiencies, quality, safety, and maintenance of equipment/facilities.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Monitor the business units to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities.
- Responsible for implementation and proper compliance with various procedures and systems set in the company.
- Develop and execute annual budgets and mid and long term strategic plans.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a working environment that actively develops and encourages employees to achieve their maximum potential and overcome deficiencies through education and on-the-job training.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new products, use new procedures, and embrace and support change.
- All other duties or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration is desirable.
- Professional Qualification would be an added advantage.
- At least twenty (20) years’ experience in Fabrication and Construction
- Interested candidates who retired as Head of Operations or above will be considered.
- At least seven (7) years of management experience with progressive levels of responsibilities
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Strong knowledge of oil and gas operations.
- Demonstrated history of effective leadership and management
- Demonstrated history of achieving results through others in a demanding environment
- Demonstrated technical and practical expertise in pipeline fabrication and construction
- Demonstrated aptitude for business development, product line expansion, and identifying business opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV as PDF or Word document to: [email protected] using the “General Manager, Operations” as the subject of the email.
- Subject of the email must be title of the job as stated, to be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love