General Manager (Operations) at HR Leverage Africa
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
HRLeverage Africa is in tune with the global shakeups and as such we also provide solution to talented staff who may have been affected by a downsized organization.
As part of your severing policy, you can consult us to help you search for better career opportunities for your recently out placed staff. We have the passion and ability to educate, mentor, c…
Read more about this company
General Manager (Operations)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 15 years
- Location Ogun
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Reporting Line: CEO
We are recruiting for a highly motivated and proactive individual who will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the company particularly its operations, meeting and exceeding our production and operations targets.
The Ideal Candidate
- Should have had extensive experience running a Recycling Plant or other production plants
- Should understand Operational processes, quality controls and cost control in a production plant.
- Should have strong understanding of OSHAS and Environmental Management Systems.
- Should have the ability to manage time and to prioritize work effectively
- Should have strong analytical skills to Initiate and develop practices, analyze, and identify the best solution
- Should have a strong negotiating and communication skills
- Should have a good working knowledge of SAP ERP System.
- Should be proactive, self-motivated, driven and result-oriented
- Should have good Leadership skills and be able to manage a team of operations and production staff
- Should have the ability to develop and implement operational strategy
- Coordinating the day-to-day operations of the company includes but is not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement operational strategy to grow the business.
- Provide overall coordination of the factory operations, including but not limited to production process, quality control, process and cost optimization of the production process.
- Ensure the factory is running smoothly at all times.
- Lead a team of Operation and production staff to ensure the effective running of the factory.
- Ensure safety and environmental policies and guidelines are established and followed through.
- Drive factory operations towards 99% uptime, zero defects and zero HSE &Environmental incidents.
- Provide detailed operations reports and updates
- Any other duties which may be reasonably required from time to time.
- B.Sc / HND in related field.
- He/She must have at least 15 years of experience as an Operations/Production Manager in a factory/production environment.
- Must be experienced in handling and reporting operational information
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ERP Software etc
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love