Geoporium Global is a trading company specialising in cross border trade of Agro commodities. Over the years, we have built a strong team of experienced procurement officers, quality control personnel, as well as formed strategic partnerships with relevant players in the Agro commodity value chain, setting us apart from competition.
Our well-coordinated network extends from throughout Africa to India, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, UAE, United States, Germany, and Mexico. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Import / Export Operation Supervisor
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the international shipment of goods. you will be expected to negotiate with a variety of people, such as shippers, agents and vendors, and are expected to have excellent customer service skills in dealing with customers.
- Examine documents including invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements to ensure compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of imported/exported products.
- Oversee and monitor team performance both quantity or quality -audit shipment documents, and conduct periodic client reviews to identify areas of concern in the clients export processes.
- Communicate / escalate transaction problems or irregularities to manager and assist in identifying solutions.
- Keep track of invoices and prepare reports to expedite the billing process.
- Ensure that shipments are in compliance with the laws and regulations governing the export industry.
- Establish, monitor, and revise policies, procedures and service standards for customs clearance operations, and write procedures for the handling of each account. Includes classifications, schedule of service, shipment entry, and booking process.
- Perform many other duties that may be assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as an import and export supervisor in a reputable company is required for this position.
- Applicants must have a University Degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2020