Global Finance Controller at One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund is a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty. Headquartered in Bungoma, Kenya, the organization works with farmers in rural villages throughout Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania and recently Malawi.
Using a market-based ap…
Read more about this company
Global Finance Controller
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Other
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Career Level: Executive Leaders
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
- We are seeking an exceptional professional with a strong financial vision and insight who will oversee finance operations and reporting and lead the centralized finance team in Kigali serving 10+ countries of operation.
- Reporting to the CFO, the Global Finance Controller will manage the financial information at One Acre Fund that inspires internal decision-making and gives external partners the comfort to continue supporting us to achieve our bold growth goals and vision.
- You will lead a team of 35+ to manage the finance data from initiation of transactions, through review all the way to final reporting. The functional responsibilities of your team include accounting, reporting, compliance, disbursements/AP, cash management and systems improvement.
- You will ensure that One Acre Fund has the systems in place to support program scale and coordinate audits in all 10+ countries of operation. You will work with the CFO to harmonize financial operations, develop financial strategies, monitor all financial activities, ensure compliance with finance and tax regulations, and maintain good relationships with external service providers.
You Will Oversee
- Directly manage the leads of reporting, compliance and operations
- Systematize performance monitoring through indicators to shape a result-oriented team
- Provide leadership in enhancing the customer service centrist approach to the team’s work
- Recruit and develop an excellent finance team.
Operations, Reporting & Compliance:
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Prepare and provide periodic financial performance reports
- Oversee all external audits as needed by donors and for national regulators
- Ensure that all of our financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
- Use tech tools and data to increase the value added by finance
- Identify, champion and implement improvements that strengthen the ICOFR.
- We are looking for passionate finance professionals who combine leading with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Over ten years of experience in a senior management role with both external audit and in-house financial management (large multinational experience a plus)
- People management skills with the ability to engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Experience monitoring and improving control policies to ensure compliance
- Combine the ability to participate in and shape strategic discussions with a willingness to zoom-in to the detail and troubleshoot underlying root causes
- Business / Accounting Degree or CPA (or equivalent) mandatory. Master’s or certification in related field a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Benefits / Compensation
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
- Sponsor international candidates.
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
- Yes; African nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address
- Please report any suspicious communication here: [email protected] , but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Interested and qualified? Go to One Acre Fund on oneacrefund.org to apply