Graduate Finance Assistant / Archivist at Action Against Hunger (2 Positions)
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant / Archivist
Type: Full Time
Level: Entry Level
Proposed Start Date: May 2021
Slot: 2 Positions
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for Finance Assistant and Finance Archivist to join our team in our Abuja Office, FCT.
- The Finance Assistant position reports directly to the Finance Officer, while the Finance Archivist reports to the Finance Assistant.
- The two roles are required to provide support to the Finance department ensuring effective finance service delivery for effective implementation of AAH programs.
- Check the nature of the document and its presentation (photocopy, original, pro forma, translation, date, signature, stamp, terms used, accuracy of calculations, etc.);
- Record in the filing report all errors in the wads (bundles);
- Whenever possible, improve the quality of the presentation of words: translation, date (according to the data base file), addition of a calculation note (ticket), etc;
- After the monthly accounting closure check the accounting codes, the project codes and the budget codes;
- Support in Donor Audit Listing;
- E-archiving documentation;
- Check that all invoices and their amounts are present as from their reception and the coherence with the accountancy in Saga;
- Prepare a report for the Finance Officer of all missing invoices or differences in amounts from the SAGA extracted file.
- Degree in Accounting, Management, Finance, or related field;
- Minimum of 1 year experience in finance and administration-related role;
- Exceptional organization and planning skills;
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context preferably;
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player);
- Ability to work in a team and juggle competing priorities;
- Ability to manage and follow work plans;
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Remuneration / Benefits
- Minimum Basic Salary: 172,695 Naira (Finance Assistant)
- Minimum Basic Salary: 120,887 Naira (Finance Archivist)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday; 13th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.