Grants / Fundraising Officer at Hamilton Lloyd & Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors.
The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants / Fundraising Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Grant / Fundraising Officer will oversee the overall activities related to mobilization of resources, grant seeking and management, funding needs and gaps, fundraising strategies and the awards process.
- Maintain project calendars and milestones.
- Analyze information on project activities and monitor progress towards targets using various project management databases.
- Manage the resource mobilization plan, lead grants making efforts and set funding goals for the Foundation
- Seek for funds and grants for the Foundation’s programs activities and operations.
- Develop fund generation and resource mobilization work plan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan,
- In collaboration with the Foundation’s leadership and Heads of Programs, map resource needs and develop resource mobilization strategies
- Keep up to date with the donor landscape, priorities and trends and work to identify new donors (including governments, foundations, individuals and industry)
- Coordinate and actively participate in the preparation, writing and submissions of grant proposals
- Establish guidelines and procedures for proposal development and monitoring that ensure effective coordination for resource mobilization, the approval of grant agreements, projecting and addressing financing gaps.
- Ensure project/department milestone/ goals are met and adhering to approved budget.
- Work with technical and communications teams to ensure communications and program objectives and activities are consistent with programmatic goals and resource mobilization needs
- To take the lead in identifying funding opportunities, listing them and sharing the information with the program team.
- Develop concept notes, proposals and budgets which drive the achievement of the Foundation’s strategic plan and align with donor priorities.
- Provide other support as required in the implementation of the Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Support teams to ensure compliance on donor and other financial requirements, including ensuring timely and quality reporting
- Manage the operations and the account unit of the Foundation
- Advise and manage the Foundation’s endowment
- Promote and enhance existing partnerships and collaborations
Key Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree from a recognized university in Social Sciences, development studies and Marketing or any other relevant field.
- High-level experience of at least 5 years in NGO in a senior program funding position, proposal development, donor liaison and account management
- Demonstrable success in resource mobilization
- Ability to work with donors as well as manage and build strategic donor relations; sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes;
- Ability to work on performance-based targets for fundraising;
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential, with experience in proposal development
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders, from industry, civil society, governments and international organizations
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their professional CV and Cover letter to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.