Group Chief Financial Officer at KPMG Nigeria
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
KPMG is one of the largest professional services companies in the world and one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and PwC. Its global headquarters is located in Amstelveen, the Netherlands.
KPMG employs 162,000 people and has three lines of services: audit, tax, and advisory. Its tax and advisory services are further divided into variou…
Read more about this company
Group Chief Financial Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Sector: Oil and Gas
- We are seeking to fill the role of a Group Chief Finance Officer who is not the typical number-cruncher stereotype but someone who thinks of themselves as more of a strategic player in the company.
- He/she needs to be creative, understand best practices, and know how to create more value for the company.
Job Description / Skills and Capabilities
- Responsible for coordinating the annual operating plan and oversee the preparation of the annual budget for the divisions and the group and monitor its implementation.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Provide strategic advice on potential returns and risks to the businesses through analysis of data and financial performance.
- Develop and implement detailed cost management strategies to monitor and control costs Group-wide.
- Participate in the development of the Group’s overall strategic goals and ensure these are cascaded to the different Finance teams across the organization.
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration / Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of 17 years work experience with 8 years hands-on experience at senior management in accounting and finance, managing complex strategic issues/minimum of 8 years as a CFO (Preferably in an indigenous oil and gas industry).
- MBA or a Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- Professional qualifications such as ICAN or ACCA.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS accounting principles.
- Previous experience in financing and debt structure and proven track record of raising capital from the international market funding environment.
- Strong treasury and cash flow management experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and internal control principles, operational risk evaluation and governance frameworks.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and commmercial acumen with a track record of building up an organization within the oil and gas industry.
- Adept at eveluating investments mergers and acquisitions, business diversifications and general company growth.
- Strong relationshp management, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively and confidently at al levels.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements as well as the ability to translate these into appropriate policies and procedures.
- Able to develop, implement and review as at when due an ideal capital structure for each of the businesses.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love