Head, Business Development & Strategy at a Travel Agency – MyJobMag
The MyJobMag Story
MyJobMag’s goal is to solve the fundamental employment challenge in Africa which cuts across employer-employee quality and discovery. From internship coaching, career counselling, training to personalized job discovery, we are everything to the candidate. We made checking newspapers obsolete while going a step further to prepare candidate…
Read more about this company
Head, Business Development & Strategy
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Our client, a fast-growing travel agency in Lagos, is hiring a Head, Business Development and Strategy.
Our client is duly incorporated at the Corporate Affairs Commission and duly licensed by IATA (International Air Travel Association). The Company is also registered with the National Association of Nigerian Travel Agents (NANTA) and other relevant bodies.
The Key Result Areas of this role shall amongst other things be as follows:
- To play a strategic role in the day-to-day operations of the company; driving sales and business development goals; executing the company’s key objectives; creating dynamic solutions to help the company thrive amidst intense competition; promoting existing travel products, services and developing new ones and delivering deeply satisfying customer experience.
- You must demonstrate requisite skills, expertise and passion for the delivery of top-notch travel solutions to customers within your sphere of operation. You must be able to lead and manage high-level engagements with internal and external stakeholders and must be seen to offer impressive travel advisory services to the company and its various customers and counterparties.
- Your key focus must always revolve around sales, business development and management of all ramifications of travel requirements that relate to your role as Travel Manager. This entails independently winning several travel customers with a view to providing dedicated general or bespoke travel services to the customer for value.
- You will also be responsible for Corporate Affairs, Risk Management and Compliance. In this regard, you will be responsible for the Company’s company secretarial function; human resources and staff performance; staff training and professional development; operations integrity; audit and internal controls; stakeholder engagement and customer experience; risk management and compliance.
- Engage with company directors and senior executives on strategy, competition, macroeconomic issues impacting travel and tourism and agreeing on action plans for improving operations and delivering strategic goals.
- Develop the Company’s franchise as a lifestyle travel company offering bespoke travel service not just as a ticketing service but as a lifestyle company.