Head, Commercial, Trading & Business Development at an Integrated Services Company
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Head, Commercial, Trading & Business Development
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Job Description – Head, Commercial, Trading & Business Development
The incumbent will report to the Managing Director and be responsible for trading petroleum products for the company, while also generating and closing new businesses to increase company’s profits.
- Develop strategies and plans for sales and marketing of company products.
- Undertake market expansion actions that will satisfy customer’s needs and ultimately maximize the company turnover
- Development of commercial relationship with buyers and suppliers of petroleum products and crude oil in Nigeria.
- Identification of new business opportunities in line with the company’s strategy.
- Actively identify and initiate new/ additional products development initiatives for various target consumer market
- consistently meeting new clients to develop new business to increase revenue and build relationship.
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities and consumer preferences to position company’s marketing drive accordingly.
- Developing and implementing commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Conducting market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understanding the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met.
- Sourcing products from refineries including trading companies and negotiate contract agreement on pricing, quantity, delivery (Discharge Port- Destination Port) CIF/FOB basis including specifications and payment terms.
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management.
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- Manage loading and discharge operation for various product traded.
- Leading, guiding innovation and business development
- Review of business proposals or dealings and ensure profitability.
- Deploy customer retention strategies and develop strategies to acquire new customers.
- Identify all tenders that are on offer in the industry and assist in preparation, negotiation, and presentation of major tenders where necessary.
- Preparations and representations at calls for meetings, tenders, and conferences.
- Lead on all regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Annual business planning (strategy and financial)
- Leading, guiding innovation and business development.
- Ensure adherence to the maintenance of service standards organization wide.
- Handling the complete supply chain process.
- Liaise with shipping companies to arrange vessel/Road tankers to ensure all import/export documentation is in order and the operation is running effective and efficiently according to plan.
- Coordinate with nominated inspection team to inspect and take a sample of the product and conduct specification analysis report.
- Report directly to managing director on a weekly basis.
- BSC/HND from a reputable university or polytechnic
- An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ post-graduation relevant experience, five (5) of which must be in management capacity in the oil & Gas trading sector
- Knowledge of strategic management and marketing/ business development
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas industry dynamics.
- Excellent Analytical and Entrepreneurial skills
- Proficient in the use of MS office applications
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love