Head, Finance at Workforce Group
Workforce Group is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise, in the area of organizational effectiveness and employee performance, the Company is positioned to assist businesses across diverse sectors of the economy in their quest to create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Finance
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversees all company financial activities to ensure it stays in strong financial standing. Their main duties include building revenue reports, distributing calculated funds to various departments and implementing company financial policies.
- The Head of Finance is responsible for the overall financial management and reporting for Livestock.
- They ensure that we maintain effective financial control and compliance across the organization, and provide accurate and timely management information to support decision making.
- They also support the CFO in contributing to the overall strategic direction and priorities for the organization.
- They lead finance team and ensure effective co-ordination with our stakeholders.
- Oversee systems design and staff operations for payment of bills, collection of accounts receivable, records storage and banking responsibilities.
- Prepare and distribute monthly and annual financial reports appropriate for board, management and responsibility center managers.
- Oversee preparation of cash flow budget projections for key enterprises using input from responsibility center managers, and report periodically to officers and division managers on cash flow performance.
- Analyze feasibility of capital investment with focus on optimizing procurement strategy.
- Oversee the design and maintenance of the company’s Management Information System including operating and financial data, trend comparisons and ratio analysis in key performance areas.
- Serve as primary liaison with business accountant on preparation of state and federal income tax returns.
- Provide oversight to staff operations related to filing periodic payroll and fuel tax reports and refund requests
- Arrange loans for operating and capital purposes
- Set up procedures and oversee administration of annual distributions of landlord crop shares and cost reimbursements; and maintain records on lease advances and crop shares
- Provide financial expertise and support to owners in estate plan implementation (wills, stock buyouts and payments, etc.) and assist in implementation of business ownership transfers, capital investments, and withdrawals of equity
- Maintain familiarity with corporate minutes, by-laws, partnership agreements, revenue sharing agreements and capital maintenance requirements.
- Administer records retention and disposition program; dispose of records when holding periods are met
- Monitor grain and livestock markets, keep updated records of current inventory positions and future production to be marketed; market commodities
- Manage insurance program coverage for crop, casualty, medical and company funded life purposes; maintain history of claims experience, loss to premium ratios
- Supervise investments for pension plan and prepare periodic reports required by law
- Oversee office maintenance, supplies, and equipment servicing & replacement
- Shop for capital purchase items based on specifications approved by authorizing managers
- Provide primary staff in construction of information essential for Business Strategic Planning efforts
Qualifications and Skills
- B.Sc / BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA and ICAN) is a plus
- Team Work – ability to work with diverse mix of owners and employees
- Leadership/Delegation – ability to delegate and hold staff accountable for financial management and office functions
- Problem Solving – exhibit ingenuity in researching problem-solving models and computer simulation techniques.
- Interpersonal skills – Work effectively in a staff support position with owners, managers, and enterprise directors.
- Supervisory Responsibilities – Capable of overseeing variety of staff including but not limited to bookkeepers, data entry personnel and office managers.
- Computer skills – must be proficient in Word Processing, Data Base Management, Spreadsheet and accounting tools.
- Management Information Systems – demonstrate proven experience and understanding of how an effective business Management Information System should be set up and administered.
- Audit/Internal Controls – should possess understanding of how audits fit into business Management Control system and know how to set up proper systems of internal controls to ensure sound security and audit compliance.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online