Head, Innovation and Digital Transformation Officer at a Cloud Solutions Provider – Corporate Headhunters
Corporate Headhunters – Our client is one of West Africa’s leading cloud solutions provider. They offer technical and professional services to small, medium and large enterprises, NGOs, education institutions and government agencies. By leveraging the power of cloud technologies, they are able to dramatically improve efficiency and productivity, giving organizations the chance to focus on key business operations and improving their bottom line. They have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve their vision of being the best solutions provider for their customers. They are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities they serve.
Head, Innovation and Digital Transformation Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
ICT / Computer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos.
- The Head Innovation and Digital Transformation officer focuses on the innovation and transformation of the organisation and its own clients through technology.
- Tasked with initiating, coordinating and driving comprehensive digital changes across with its customers and itself.
- Responsible for engaging with clients, educating them on the impact of technology on their key strategic priorities and creating the conditions for success of collaborative innovation.
- Development of relations with Group Operations, IT Strategy and Innovation teams in order to identify Key IT Strategic Priorities and new technology developments in areas of interest to Nigeria, Ghana and other markets to ensure that it maintains a technological edge within the industry.
- Represent CIO in Group IT and REV related governance and in shaping of best practice programmes (IT Forum, IT ELT, Data forums, workplace, one identity).
- Initiation and steer of relationships with strategic vendors on technology innovation and data topics.
- Map Business and Technology capabilities to the Key Strategic Priorities of the organisation by:
- Creating a bridge between Key Business stakeholders and Technology,
- Translating Business Visions and targets into Business capabilities and supporting process, data and technology components impacted.
- Driving integration of digital initiatives into entities, strategic-planning process and IT portfolio definition.
- Provide Strategic Guidance and Advisory to local Excoms
- Drive Strategic Discussions with operating company’s top management (CEO, COO, CMO, CIO) on Technology Innovation as a Strategic Leverage to achieve the organisation’s Business Ambition and Drive Transformation and Innovation Goals in the Nigerian and other West African markets.
- Act as methodology expert and facilitator across while supporting local teams in “raising the bar” of their aspirations, driving innovative business ideas generation and translating ideas into actionable business requirements that can be exploitable from a Technology and operations perspective.
- Develop, administer the innovation and digital transformation project portfolio and serve as the executive sponsor for specific initiatives.
- Set up the appropriate ad-hoc Governance and ensure project Quality Assurance through appropriate frameworks, gating processes and participation to existing governance bodies (Strategic Program Committee, Architecture Boards,…)
- Be the executive sponsor during delivery, enlisting involvement from other executives, re-establishing priorities, acting as a coach during the rollout of digital capabilities. (Responsibility for actual deployment of digital solutions might rest with the operating company and delivery heads).
- Design with entities the most relevant collaboration and delivery mechanism, leveraging the organisation’s IT capabilities, Strategic Global Partners, Niche Startup Partners and local entities capabilities. The Delivery Mechanism should focus on maximizing the accountabilities of the local markets and creating the relevant synergies across entities that create additional value.
- Design Mechanisms To Accelerate The Delivery Of Innovation At Scale Across Markets Through The Creation Of Communities, Synergies And Technology Assets
- Identify new functionality or economies of scale that digital capabilities enable and how that will impact a variety of existing business processes.
- Develop processes and products using a different technology to what is already in place (e.g. AI and ML, chatbots). In conjunction with the technology, identify and implement new operations processes or required changes to managerial methodology.
- Support best practice sharing across Nigerian, Ghanaian and other entities and the creation of joint Business-IT communities.
- Develop project plans, workflow, proof of concept, operating procedures, management reports and instructional/training materials required for the adoption of new processes and technologies.
- Measure new efficiencies and ROI of the creation of synergies and the delivery of innovation at scale.
- University graduate, preferably in Business, Finance, IT or related disciplines.
- Over 15 year’s professional experience in project/program management of large scale complex initiatives, managing IT organization (CIO).
- Experience in large-scale development projects includes experience in specific areas such as IT Governance, Demand Management, Application Development, Delivery/Test Process, Digital, Agile Delivery, DevOps and Cloud Management.
- Experience in medium to large scale digital transformation projects; process, application and data centre modernization
- Strong leadership and multicultural management,
- Collaborate efficiently with senior management & Board of the organisation.
- Expert knowledge of Budget management,
- Demonstrated experience to partner, interact and build effective business with organisation’s services.
- Strong change management skills and experience, with a proven track record of developing and implementing business systems,
- Knowledge of practical aspects of project management and resource allocation and planning,
- Excellent working knowledge of project cost estimating and tracking,
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools – Experience with projects leveraging Agile, Scrum, BPMN, Prosci, Lean, UML is essential,
- Expertise in Digital (Web, Mobile, E-commerce, CRM, Data, Analytics),
- Expert knowledge of organizational and business change management,
- Expert knowledge of professional and consulting services organizations,
- Very good understanding of Security policies and Conformity Requirements,
- Good understanding of business products in Insurance & Banking,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills,
- Experience in handling regional diversity and compliance complexity.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating “Head, Innovation and Digital Transformation Officer” as subject of your mail.