Head, Internal Control at Personal Trust Microfinance Bank LImited
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Personal Trust Microfinance Bank is a microfinance bank operating in Lagos, Nigeria. The Bank was licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to operate as a state microfinance bank in year 2014. Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, it was first registered in 1993 and operated as a mortgage bank until its conversion in 2014.
Following the enabl…
Read more about this company
Head, Internal Control
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
The Head of Internal Control is responsible for the development and implementation of the Internal Control framework of the Bank. The job holder will develop policies and procedures and monitor compliance in line with external regulations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Developing, reviewing, and implementing compliance policies, programs, and procedures
- Using problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions
- Developing and executing internal audit activities, consult with management on strategic plans and other business matters, and anticipate emerging risks
- Participating in decision making with senior engagement management, provide meaningful insights, and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Documenting and testing business process and IT controls that support key financial operations
- Evaluating control deficiencies, and monitoring remediation actions, timelines, and progress
- Maintaining current knowledge of laws, regulations, procedures, and policies governing the Bank
- Lead the setup of the enterprise risk assessment for the bank and developing a risk log
- Take responsibility for the Bank’s annual control work program using the internal control framework within the Bank
- Ensure appropriate level of communication is maintained on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
- Develop adequate training material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Prepares monthly exception reports and presents to the Managing Director
- Ensures capital & revenue expenditure complies with policies and approval limits
- Ensure compliance of loans disbursement to credit policies
- Implements the anti-fraud campaign and assess compliance
- Prepares monthly regulatory renditions and returns
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management
- HND/BSc/ in IT, Information systems, Mathematics, Accounting, Banking and finance or a related field
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Internal Control/Audit in a financial institution or an audit firm
- Prior managerial experience in similar role or capacity
- In-depth knowledge of Internal control framework for the Microfinance Industry
- Strategy planning and implementation
- Organization and time management abilities
- Leadership, team management and mentoring
- Metrics-driven mindset
- Problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Extensive knowledge of all regulatory policies and procedure
- Risk Management techniques
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suit
- Ability to interact with senior management and multiple stakeholders, including regulators.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proficient writing and delivery of presentations and documentation.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from people
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love