Head of Asset Maintenance at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
The Maersk Group is a worldwide conglomerate and operates in some 130 countries with a workforce of over 89,000 employees. In addition to owning one of the world’s largest shipping companies, Maersk is involved in a wide range of activities in the shipping, logistics, and the oil and gas industries.
Read more about this company
Head of Asset Maintenance
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 – 10 years
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: Onne, Rivers
- The position is primarily expected to high equipment availability and reliability by following specific manufacturers maintenance schedules while setting objectives for subordinated positions.
- You are be expected to have a marked contribution in the development of new products, processes, and standards which support the terminals existing business strategy. Non-delivery has a direct impact on the terminals ability to function.
- You are expected to constantly strive to improve existing work processes, methods & improve technical efficiency of machinery & equipment.
- The position is complex, having impact on operational &, financial dimensions.,
- Responsible for the effective daily operation of all machinery including electricity plant and buildings in the Terminal.
- Provides the operating direction for the Technical Department, ensuring that productivity and efficiency standards are met.
- Builds up a preventive maintenance schedule for all equipment in the Terminal to reduce damages and downtime on all machinery.
- Sets goals and objectives for maintenance services.
- Analyses performance statistics and trends in order to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensures good communications between Technical and Operations departments to minimize equipment downtime.
- Ensures good communications throughout technical group and their group interactions so that activities are running smoothly on a regular basis.
- Manages the budget of the technical department.
- Provides reliable service to terminal operations, ensuring equipment is in a state of readiness, well-maintained, and preventative maintenance and parts availability.
- Works closely with the head of HSSE to ensure safety policies, rules, and regulations are reviewed, revised, issued and posted on an on-going basis.
- Works closely with the HR to obtain clarification, direction, and consultation regarding labour law, company policy and procedures, and consistent application.
- Provides supervision and direction for the Technical Department.
- Establishes an inventory control system to ensure that inventory carrying costs are minimized while ensuring that necessary spare parts are immediately available.
- Ensures appropriate technical training is provided for various levels of staff.
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of terminal operations and maintenance requirements. Seeks out best practices within the industry to ensure continuous improvement’ within the organization.
- Negotiates and controls works carried out by outsourced workshops.
- Oversees machinery design modification, in order to improve productivity, safety & efficiency
We Are Looking For
- The position requires an expertise to manage teams through well-developed skills and knowledge of technical and associated functions.
- Minimum university degree in Marine or Mechanical Engineering, or related field. Degree in management, business or related is considered an asset.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in related position in the material handling, logistics, or transportation industry.
- Uncompromised superior working knowledge of terminal maintenance practices and principles. Specific technical knowledge of support equipment, MHCs, and power generation is required including RTG and RST.
- The position requires good experience in civil engineering work, design and oversee construction and maintenance such as building structures, facilities and paving, etc….
- Extensive knowledge of general HSSE issues and familiarity with maritime codes. Working knowledge of budget preparation, basic financial related matters, and reporting against financial objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication in English
We run a profitable business that has been made possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love