Head of Finance and Accounting at Apata & Ascott Limited December, 2019
Apata & Ascott Limited is recruiting for fulltime Head Of Finance And Accounting.
Apata & Ascott Limited – We are a human resource consulting firm that is focused on delivering business value to organizations. We help organizations achieve their objectives by developing and executing strategies and policies that are aligned with business plans and a focus on best practices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance and Accounting
- We are recruiting to fill the role of Head of Finance and Accounting for one of our clients in the entertainment industry.
- The candidate will develop and ensure adherence to internal controls, the promotion of good financial management practice, the development of new financial policies & procedures, and the maintenance of the organization’s internal control manual and structure in order to meet the company’s mission of “building effective partnerships” and “the company’s ability to do so many ordinary things Exceptionally Well”.
- Reviews and prepares financial statements and accounting reports for the company:
- Balance Sheet
- Profit and Loss Account –Daily Entries
- Budgeting & Variance analysis – weekly
- Vetting and Develops guidelines of Financial document for the maintenance and reconciliation of financial data; maintains and reconciles the more difficult financial control records for expenditures, allotments, receipts, and encumbrances.
- Designs, revises, and implements accounting systems and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and theories.
- Conducts surveys to prepare recommendations for improvements, controls, new methods, and other changes to improve the efficiency of accounting systems.
- Reviews budgets and prepares related budget documents as required by Management.
- Designs cost classification processes; develops guidelines to assign cost classifications to expenditures.
- Determines and analyses direct and indirect costs in order to determine the cost of sales and other operational cost.
- Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work and performs related work as assigned.
- Determination and payment of Third-party contract and other necessary payments.
- Preparation of salary & wages (Pay as You Earn tax) for the company for vetting and approval
- Preparation and remittance of staff pension, tax involving withholding tax (WHT), Value-added tax and other tax related matters.
- Bank reconciliation statement and postings of transaction on the Vista systems
- Sales (daily)
- Stock inventory item (daily)
- Revenue – Daily
- Accounting entries (cost of sales, third party revenue and cost) –daily
- External relationship/meetings (banks, tax authorities – Federal & State Govt. etc)
- Raising of purchase order for foreign suppliers.
- Computation of Film Hire for both calendar & cinema respectively. –Daily
Min Required Experience:
- University Degree or higher Degree with a Professional Certificate, CCAB qualified accountant (ACCA or ACA) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Previous experience in a middle to senior finance/accounting role in a in a corporate environment including risk management
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology in a multidisciplinary and multi-functional environment.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures and routine office supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of the application of data processing and terminology as it applies to maintaining financial control and accounting records.
- Knowledge of techniques commonly used in locating errors in accounting records.
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing principles, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of cost accounting and cost funding procedures.
- Ability to collect and organize accounting data, interpret its significance, and prepare accurate financial reports.
- Ability to present accounting data in a clear and understandable manner to both technical and non- technical users.
- Ability to solve difficult and complex accounting and related financial problems.
- Ability to analyse and recommend improvements in accounting systems.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Computer literacy (MS Office suite – Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting systems (Access Dimensions, SAGE, Microsoft etc.)
- Achieving quality results and service: Maintains clear sense of goals and priorities, working in an innovative, responsive style that conveys support to internal customers both inside and outside of the company’s mission
- Practicing accountability and integrity: Professional attitude to meeting deadlines, ensuring details are handled well, and always mindful of effective resource utilization
- Communicating information effectively: Listens well and able to pick up ‘soft’ messages, challenges appropriately, strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly: Able to detect underlying ‘blocks’ and issues, to identify opportunities, and to think conceptually about solutions
- Understanding the company’s mission and operations: Able to accurately reflect the core GGNL to external partners, potential recruits and in the labour market generally.
- Maintaining work/life balance and effectiveness: Model a healthy self-awareness of self and limitation, drawing appropriate boundaries, and showing emotional maturity
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to [email protected]