Head of Finance / Project Accountant at Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations. Founded in 1985 by three eminent Nigerians: Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako, Pharmacist Dahiru Wali and Phil Harvey.
Society for Family Health Nigeria has a mission to empower Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier…
Read more about this company
Head of Finance / Project Accountant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 8 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Ref Id: sfh-26418
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Finance & Accounts
- The Head of Finance / Project Accountant will be the lead expert for project financial management as well as for administrative, human resource and logistics management.
- S/he will be responsible for overseeing project accounting and finance/budget management including cash flow management, timely donor financial reporting such cash balance report, tax report, quarterly financial report, PUDR report and annual financial report using approved templates.
- S/he will be responsible for managing GFA review processes as well as internal and external audit review exercises in compliance with donor financial and accounting rules and regulations.
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance,
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Must be a registered member of an accounting professional body (ICAN/ACCA).
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development activities in developing countries;
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in financial management for Global Fund Projects.
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating, analysing and reporting financial performance, financial forecasting, and budget variance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing operations, including managing people and performance.
Skills and competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organisational skills;
- A thorough understanding of Global Fund financial guidelines and rules, international accounting standards and Nigerian tax and fiscal policies.
- Hands-on experience using an ERP and business management MIS with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Requires a high level of creativity and innovation and the ability to maintain operational efficiency in a fast-paced work environment.