Head of Operations – Jumia Pay, West Africa at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Head of Operations – Jumia Pay, West Africa
- Job TypeFull Time
3 – 5 years
- Job Field
Administration / Secretarial
- Jumia Pay is a new and free online payment service that enables you to send payments online securely, instantly, and cost-effectively
- The Jumia Pay Head of Customer Service role is a unique opportunity to help drive our efforts to improve customer satisfaction on JumiaPay payments and their entire online shopping journey
- This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the customer experience and as a result better customer loyalty and retention
- This role calls for a rare combination of proactive thinking, payment industry knowledge & interpersonal ability to manage relationships, issues and topics with customers and with all teams across the organisation.
- The Head of Operations, West Africa will support the larger financial services team at Jumia working closely with the local teams (CS, fraud and Finance), Product, as well as central operations
- Working closely with internal clients such as Customer Service, Finance, Accounting and Fraud as well as third party partners and banks relied upon to process payments and regulatory bodies.
- You will also facilitate the local operational relationship with third party payment partners, advocating for customer experience and applying operational improvements.
In particular you will:
- Manage and co-ordinate relationship with JumiaPay partners e.g with acquiring banks, payment gateways, merchants from in and out of the Ecosystem.
- Contribute in growth for JumiaPay by providing reports through various data driven analysis of operational data
- Manage and Coordinate to ensure seamless, uniform and compliant user flow across checkouts
- Assess transactions success rates and work on enhancing it with Partners and Banks.
- Manage customers’ experience and customer journey on JumiaPay.
- Manage and lead the team of customer service agents to achieve relevant KPI such as NPS, Process adherence, PCIDSS compliance, Salesforce queue management, etc
- Ensure periodic reconciliations with finance operations team are done & discrepancies are resolved if any within agreed timeline
- Monitor the overall SLAs related to Lending partners (time to approval, time to review lending applications)
- Ensure the smooth transition of lenders towards a full integration of the lending process with JumiaPay when it comes due (loans disbursed via Jpay wallets; loans collected via Jpay/JOne systems).
- Ensure issues related to the platform, both operationally and Vendor Experience-wise are escalated to the central/tech team.
- Set up processes, procedures, and best practices for operations and customer service.
- Monitoring overall tickets SLA reports & Queues.
- Managing JumiaPay/One 2nd line ticketing system through Salesforce and manage day to day operations.
- Ensure workload and workforce management objectives are met to meet the demands of the aggressive marketing campaigns.
- Manage reporting on all business streams.
- Responsible for coaching and developing team members.
- Responsible on spotting and developing all business/process/platforms gaps with relevant stakeholders.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from any accredited University.
- Solid years of experience in Customer Experience and proven ability to influence others to deliver.
- At least 3-5 years experience in the banking or payment industry is preferred.
- Highly analytical decison maker.
- Entrepreneurial with the work with limited supervison.
- Excellent communication and persuasive skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumia Nigeria career website on africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net to apply