Glovo – We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you’ll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations (They / He / She)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Your work-life opportunity:
- The couriers, Glovers for us, are a key player in Glovo’s marketplace and you will need to ensure the fleet’s long-term sustainability, as well as its daily performance.
- Among other things, you will ensure an adequate supply of couriers in the whole territory as well as working directly with the OPS team to define and refine processes across the marketplace.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Be the owner of the operational metrics for Nigeria
- Work closely with Regional Ops team and the General Manager
- Manage Operations Managers and Specialists. You will hire, train and mentor them.
- Understand, deep-dive, have under control and improve the supply status to ensure we deliver operational excellence and great customer experience.
- Evaluate strategic opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Implement, standardize and execute processes across all cities.
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of the global operations thru out-of-the-box thinking.
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- Degree in Engineering, Economics or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in high demanding positions (operations, consulting, investment banking, etc.). Experience in on-demand is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills are a must.
- 2+ years of experience managing high-performance teams. Inspire, coach and mentor Operations Managers to support their development and competency.
- Strong organisational skills and delegation, ability to prioritise and multitask, work well under pressure, handle multiple issues simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Combine a day by day and tactic management with a strategic and long term view.
- Outstanding leadership skills and relationship with peers and other departments.
- Open to change (changes seeker).
- Effective communication skills (both to the team and upstream).
- Out of the box thinker and high level of self-initiative (proactive in finding new solutions to new issues).
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Results oriented, autonomous and efficient.
- Professional English is a must. Local languace proficiency is a must.
- Knowledge in SQL is a plus.
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing equity plan (if applicable)
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Note: In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).