Head – Product & Pricing (HPP) at Airtel Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Product & Pricing (HPP)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- The Head Product &Pricing (HPP) is responsible for providing leadership for all aspects of product & Pricing life cycle management. S/He is required to understand market and user requirements, technology trends and the competitive field.
- To ensure that existing and new products are competitively priced in line with the financial target of the company and competition as a guide. Provide management with information relevant to aid decision making and steer the company towards profitability.
- HPP manages the strategic product roadmap, product vision and drive execution of the overall portfolio and product strategy to achieve the desired impact on business and revenue.
- HPP is responsible for guiding and leading teams consisting of both direct reports as well as matrixed employees from across the business.
- Build and evangelize Smart Cash Payments Bank’s short-term and long-term product & pricing vision in close partnership with the cross functional teams.
- Inspire, motivate, develop and lead a team of top performing product & pricing managers building unique, market-leading, world-class products that make a difference for our customers and foster the ecosystem of good.
- Deliver the strategic product & pricing roadmap and own the product release process end to end including but not limited to market research, product design, and hand-off to functional teams, product launch and evaluation.
- Work closely with customers to deeply understand their needs and anticipate market developments and provide facts-based competitive analysis to ensure that products & price offerings provide superior capabilities and are more effective than competitors’ products.
- Establish accountability standards and ensure adherence for product development.
- Champion the importance of innovation and creativity to ensure future competitive advantage. Provide vision to see around corners and inspire innovation across the product organization.
- Partner with engineering to establish rapid product development processes with small teams that can accelerate, build, design, test and product launches and constant updates.
- Work closely with the senior management team to ensure that development plans, resources and strategies are coordinated across all departments in a cohesive and collaborative fashion.
- Review and analyze contracts with the objective of flagging potential financial risks and implications
Educational Qualification, Experience & Competencies
Education and Certification:
- PGD in Management e.g. MBA, M.Sc.
- 10 – 15 years of experience in Products and Marketing function of FinTech or Technology company.
- At least 5 years of Leadership level Experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Product Innovation and development capabilities
- Head Product & Pricing will have to assess a lot of information to determine the likelihood that a product will be successful and meet sales expectations. HPP use this data to help determine things, like how much consumers will be willing to pay for the product and to do this they need strong analytical skills.
- Leadership capabilities to manage crucial conversations at Top Leadership levels and peers
- HPP make presentations so they need to be good at public speaking and must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Also need to be able to resolve issues in order to make their plans successful, so need problem-solving skills.
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.