Head, Remittance at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Remittance
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Ensure that there is a sign-off a comprehensive product paper detailing all the features and functionalities of every new partnership or product enhancement for the Remittance Businesses
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure product complies with all industry and internal regulations taking into consideration each country of the Banks operation
- Ensure all the required internal and external approvals before product rollout.
- Manage product profitability and maximizing revenue from existing products and new products.
- Ensure all product PAL accounts are correctly mapped on Infopool for reporting
- Carryout periodic product income assurance to guarantee no income leakage
- Prepare business justification plans to address identified business opportunities, then work with the various stakeholders to create a product market fit.
- Initiate and carryout periodic product review to ensure product continues to meet customers’ demand
- Design, analyse and implement customer acquisition, retention and usage enhancement strategies for IMTO’s and our proprietary remittance products
- Continually review and update transaction processes working with relevant stakeholders in a bid to improve customer experience.
- First degree in any field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience, out of which 2 years must have been spent in a similar role in Personal Banking.
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry and Remittance industry
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Good knowledge of Digital financial services and product management.
Application Closing Date