Head, Sales & Business Development at Global Accelerex Limited
Global Accelerex Limited is a leading provider of payment and business management solutions incorporated and based in Nigeria. Our business solutions help organizations across economic sectors, to effectively and efficiently manage distribution, marketing, sales, and positioning of their products and services.
Head, Sales & Business Development
- Job TypeFull Time
7 – 12 years
- Job Field
Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- The Head Sales & Business Development will be responsible for overseeing the day to day management of the Sales & Business Development team to ensure maximum contribution to the profit goals of Global Accelerex.
- The role is also responsible for identifying appropriate strategies for sales growth of all products and solutions build by GA in order to achieve
- This is a strategically critical role at mid to senior management level with broad scope and significant influence. You will build and manage a sales specialist team that are positioned both in structure and function to increase sales, market share and revenue and thereby achieve significant growth in line with the GA’s Strategic Plan. You will ensure that all operational processes and sales directed activities are consistent across the company and that resources are optimized for maximum effectiveness.
- Main Responsibilities – You will structure and organize the Sales and Business Development network so that necessary resources are allocated and organized to deliver outcomes required by the GA’s Strategic Plan
- Leadership and management of the sales and business development team fostering a team-based culture, ensuring positive interactions with other teams within GA and with GA clients
- The proactive engagement of the existing and potential clients for the effective delivery of agreed budgets and targets for sales and business development
- In agreement with the Executive Director, create and implement sales plans to grow income in target user market and geographic sectors globally
- Working with Product Managers to agree positioning strategies for their product lines
- Through the in-depth understanding of user needs, identify new opportunities and markets for GA
- Overseeing the annual renewals process, ensuring on-target retention of existing users
- Continuously improve user relations with particular regard to the provision of efficient communications to facilitate product development and support management
- Develop and maintain technical and commercial awareness of the capabilities and use of all GA solutions and their benefits to users
- Responsible for the acquisition of new clients with annual turnover in billions
- Strategy Development, Planning and Execution- will participate in the development and ongoing review of strategic plan providing your specialist expertise and industry knowledge.
- Will develop, execute and drive the GA’s strategic and tactical Sales and Development plans. These plans will be consistent with the overall business strategies. This includes the setting of explicit KPIs and objectives at both team and individual level.
- Monitor achievement against plans and organizational performance data, adjusting execution as required to deliver outcomes.
- Achieve a culture that is highly geared towards sales within the Integrity Selling framework and philosophy that results in retention and long-term relationships with customers.
- Ensure operational processes, resources, and physical formats across all channels are aligned to support sales expectations and goals.
- Business Intelligence -Gather and share appropriate and relevant information in a timely manner to aid organizational decision-making. You will provide across the organization research and reports – including dashboard information on sales performance across all channels and specialist units.
- People Leadership -Will lead a high caliber team to achieve objectives and KPIs and share the vision and mission of the organization to ensure outputs are consistent with organizational strategy. Will build and develop the team capability through agreed development plans, coaching, participation on project teams and use of best practice principles. You will reinforce the GA’s values through your leadership style and develop your team members to maximize their potential through leading by example.
- Financial Management -Coordinate and monitor financial and budget activities for maximum operational efficiency and utilize available budget to implement required initiatives within agreed levels.
- Risk and Compliance -Manage risks within Sales and Business Development accountability consistent with the GA’s agreed risk profile and in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Continuous Improvement -Drive a culture of continuous improvement formulating and implementing productivity and quality improvement initiatives for the Sales and Business Development network.
- A tertiary qualification in, Commerce, Business, Sales, Marketing or a related discipline is preferred.
- A post graduate qualification in a related discipline would be an advantage.
- At least 7 to 12 years in a senior management role overseeing Sales and Business Development.
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Significant technology sales expertise
- Experience of successfully launching new products
- Experience of managing sales and business development staff
- Strong negotiating skills and knowledge of commercial agreements and frameworks
- Experience in account management and support
- Able to lead a team and be a member of a leadership team
- Able to deal with varied tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
- Significant understanding of sales principles.
- Proven ability at developing and implementing successful sales strategies.
- Effective management of third-party agencies, customer relationships and other interested parties
- Able to work effectively and responsibly without close supervision
- Able to negotiate with all types of clients
- Capable of agile thinking to provide fast, accurate answers to questions
- Able to undertake substantial international travel if required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.