Health & Safety Officer at Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited
SEVAN CONSTRUCTION NIGERIA LIMITED was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of Steel Fabrication design, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid bodies and complementing its steel structure business with civil construction, which enabled the company to deliver complet…
Read more about this company
Health & Safety Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Safety and Environment / HSE
- Carry out risk assessments and develop strategy to reduce risks.
- Conducts daily and periodic safety Audit in line with company standard and Clients needs
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment on or before projects commenced.
- Conducts weekly toolbox meetings and document same.
- Administer project safety committee and leads all efforts to enhance safety
- Reviews and approves all subcontractors safety plans in line with SCNL standard
- Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related government agencies
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use
- Enforces safety guidelines best practices.
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations
- Conducts job hazard analyses and develop preventive measures to reduce/eliminate hazards.
- Establishes safety standards and policies as directed by management
- Performs emergency response drills
- Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste
- Serves as the link between federal, state and local government agencies and contractors
- Receives reports from and responds to orders issued by Department of Labor inspectors
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- B.Sc / HND in Engineering or related discipline; Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Construction;
- Must possess any of the relevant QHSE certificates. NISP Level 3 &NEBOSH
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship
- Vast knowledge of safety procedures in the construction, steel/fabrication and oil & Gas industry.
- Sound Team player and planning processes
- Relevant Engineering or Manufacturing health, safety and environment experience.
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis experience
- Good understanding/experience of safety procedural standards.
- Computer literacy.
- To resume immediately.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.