Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Consultant at the Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF)
The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) is a not-for-profit foundation incorporated in 2013 with a mission to improve the quality of decision making and execution in the health sector through a focus on results at scale, providing analytical support, driving innovation, and substantive engagement with key stakeholders. HSDF is a platform for the implementation of effective ideas and innovative solutions and strives to address complex health systems and developmental challenges through a focus on evidence, rigor and continuous improvement whether in line with or diverging from the status quo.
HSDF works with the Federal and State Governments to improve the effectiveness of health service delivery to strengthen the performance of health systems and ensure a focus on results and outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Consultant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The HSS Consultant will provide technical expertise, support the design and day-to-day management and implementation of health systems strengthening (HSS) projects and activities within the organization.
- The individual must be a business professional and the capability to manage and deliver organizational and project goals, which must be performed with decisiveness and accuracy for effective business performance.
- Provides technical expertise and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of project activities in HSS (including human resources for health, governance of health systems, health financing, and service delivery)
- Identifies and proffers appropriate solutions to address HSS service delivery systems bottlenecks that act as an impediment to effective service delivery.
- Analyzes potential HSS strategies within the context of projects and effectively engages, as necessary, policymakers, funding agencies, broad health (and other) sector stakeholders.
- Creates partnerships with key stakeholders (at the LGA, state and national levels); guides, mentors and builds their capacity in the revision/development of evidenced-based standards to improve health systems.
- Represents the organization in panels and presents at external workshops, conferences, Nigeria and externally, etc.
- Identify HSS training needs and assist in the design and implementation of measures to address those needs.
- Documents and maintains an inventory of successful tools and approaches for HSS.
- Actively researches and prospects for new grants and projects to ensure a robust pipeline and meet strategic business plans.
- Drives the negotiation and closing of new grants and projects.
- Authors and co-authors abstracts and presentations for journals and conferences.
- Prepare donor reports and project reports.
The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree, or its international equivalent or higher in Public Health, Health Economics, Organizational Development, Social Sciences, or other relevant field preferred, an advanced degree is an added advantage.
- 10+ years’ experience with progressively increasing responsibility for designing, managing and implementing complex HSS programming involving multiple stakeholders and implementing partners.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in building government, nongovernment, and community capacity to address HSS issues.
- Demonstrable stakeholder engagement capabilities with proven business relationships with key stakeholders and players within the industry.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the healthcare system in Nigeria and/or other regions in Africa, particularly the public health system.
- Advanced proficiency in grants proposal writing and business development.
- Familiarity with the administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems of multiple donors.
- Proven track record managing and supervising a team and fostering teamwork.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity.
- Must have published in no less than three peer-reviewed journals in the last two years.
- Strong ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely (verbally and written) for a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical) with differing needs.
- Ability to balance methodological rigor with practical concerns and pace or work.
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Collaborative work style and strong work ethic.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This role is open to interested individuals within and outside of Nigeria. Remote working may be considered, however, significant travel will be required.