Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Job ID: HOT08419
- The Procurement officer will procure goods, works and services in compliance with procurement policies.
- He or she collects pro-forma invoices on approved purchase requisitions, prepares offer analysis and makes recommendations.
- Once the purchase order has been completed, the procurement assistant will follow up to assure/ensure delivery.
- He or she maintains procurement data including supplier list and standards of goods, works and services, and ensures the effectiveness of procurement in timely and cost effective manner.
- Assist with the preparation of a procurement plan
- Liaise with user departments to determine their product and service needs
- Receives approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods, works and service
- Tracks all PRs and determine price competitiveness without sacrificing/compromising quality or delivery times
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Responsible for collection of proforma invoices and presents to the supervisor for further processing or approval
- Inquires immediately for more specifications from requesting department if the purchase request is not clearly specified and completed
- Assist in conducting vendor sourcing and documentation of vendor documents
- Ensures that purchases are made in the best interests of the company
- Assures/ensures delivery and pickup of PO for collection of goods
- Prepares weekly procurement status report and submits to the supervisor.
Qualifications / Knowledge:
- HND / B.Sc in any Business, Finance or Science related degree.
- 3 – 5 year’s experience in procurement or other supply chain management related field.
- Preference for a background in Hospitality.
- Knowledge of Materials Control software is an added advantage.
- Planning and scheduling skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, suppliers and consultants.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication, in English
- Excellent grasp of Microsoft Office tools.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.