With financial support from Unitaid via Population Services International, Jhpiego is implementing Phase 3 of the STAR Initiative, a 18-month project to catalyze HIVST adoption, availability, and use in Nigeria.
Through the Unitaid-funded STAR Initiative, HIV self-testing (HIVST) has proven to provide an opportunity to reach, test, and diagnose or prevent infection in populations that are considered unreachable by use of traditional testing approaches. In Nigeria, STAR will support the Government of Nigeria to develop and adapt policy guidelines for the adoption of HIV self-testing and support the integration of HIV self-testing within the existing health care systems.
HIVST Officer will ensure sustainable, high quality and client focused HIVST services utilizing a total market approach with community (linkage to prevention, treatment and care services) in line with national requirements and standards. S/he will ensure un-interrupted supply of commodities and develop strategies to strengthen referrals between community based HIVST points and the relevant health facilities for appropriate referral of clients. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring a functional referral linkage system.
- Overall implementation of HIVST at the state level
Lead State level advocacy and support to SMOH and IPs on HIVST
Coordinate and engage with the private sector (pharmacy and PPMVs) to implement the total market approach
Lead in the coordination of community based HIVST for the target population of interest with the district.
Collaborate for the successful roll out and implementation of HIVST for target populations.
Work to establish and strengthen effective referral linkage between community outreach services and care and treatment facilities.
Collaborate with district reference laboratories to implement proficiency testing and other diagnostic quality assurance.
Contribute to development of project strategies, work plans and budgets
Produce and ensure timely submission of monthly program activity reports to the Project Director.
S/he provides HIVST to priority populations according to the national HIV testing protocols and guidelines
S/he establishes and strengthens good working relationship with other implementing partners and stakeholders.
S/he ensures that HIVST quality assurance practices are always performed at all times according to the national requirements.
S/he performs any other duty as assigned by the Project Director.
- Bachelor degree (preferred) in health sciences, medical sciences or public health.
At least 5 years’ experience with HIV/AIDS program implementation, working with public and NGO sectors is required
Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word processing and database management
· Good strategic, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with ability to work effectively with key stakeholders especially relevant government partners, implementing partners and CSOs.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
- Familiarity with UNITAID regulations is an added advantage.
How to apply:
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to [email protected] using Job title e.g. “ HIVST Officer “ (Indicate location in your application & email title)
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Tuesday 29th September 2020
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org