HR and Admin Assistant at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
We assist those in urgent need anywhere, anytime, no matter what the conditions, providing lifesaving health care and health care-related emergency services-often within hours.
As conditions ease, we work with local leaders to rebuild stronger. In non-emergency settings, our focus is development. Through our training programs, we pass essential skills int…
Read more about this company
HR and Admin Assistant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Human Resources / HR
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Human Resources (HR) Assistant under the supervision of HR / Admin Officer will support new hires for the organization including recruitment, screening, recruiting, interview and employee placement
- He/she will on-board new employees, and guide through the complicated process of compliance, Because HR represents both the employee and the organization, the Human Resources and Admin Assistant must be well-organized when performing administrative and strategic hiring duties
- He/she also has the crucial task of ensuring IMC’s HR policies and procedures are in compliance with all state and federal labor regulations.
- Maintain proper filing and retrieval HR / Admin documentation.
- Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed according to IMC policies and procedures and state and federal labor laws.
- Support the posting, advertising and circulation of vacancy, and screen received applications.
- Schedule interviews and confirm attendance of candidate(s).
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, background check, completing employee documentation, recording data on each current employee, maintain employee files, confirm all procedures are following for terminated/exiting employees.
- Support smooth on-boarding and separation for every employee, including ensuring that job descriptions for every position is up-to-date and accurate, ID Cards are provided, performance evaluations and other required processes are implemented on time and of a high quality
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian labor laws and with all IMC compliance policies to ensure due diligence requirements in the field of human resources and administration are maintained
- Facilitation of international/National staff movement, support planning and purchasing of air tickets and accommodations
- Maintain and accurately track staff leave
- Ensure the office is well supplied with stationary and other office essential materials
- Supervise cooks and cleaners.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to Human Resources, Administration and Management.
- 2 years of experience in human resources or related position.
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Clear understanding and commitment to organization’s mission and goals
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and professional attitude.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft office programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook).
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to “the Country Director, International Medical Corps” via the email: [email protected]
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity organization, so Borno State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love