HR Database Assistant
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
HR Database Assistant to be base in Maiduguri.
Position: Nigerian nationals only.
Provide assistance to the HR department, including maintenance of data base system, creation of new records and employment changes for the Human Resources Department
Daily usage of Deltek Cost (CP) and Time & Expense (T&E), including:
Adding and removing projects from LN employee’s workforce
Granting / Removing T&E seats
Adding adjusting employee history
Granting leave/holiday entitlements
Running leave accruals (if leave time is accrued monthly)
Maintain the integrity of LN/SSA information in CP including data reconciliations
Running reconciling and ad – hoc reports
Central point of contact for all CP HRIS and T&E systems
Responsible for the validity of data contained in Deltek Costpoint and Time &Expense database: updating the active directory based on changes of employee, change of roles, manager, location and reconciliation CP data.
Monitor the on boarding and exit staff workflow tickets.
Monitor data integrity by conducting regularly scheduled maintenance tasks, run queries, review and export excel report s, identify data errors and inconsistencies
Coordinate data review and updates with appropriate personnel in Human Resources as well as other departments within the organization.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- Proven 2 years’ experience as an HR data base assistant
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suites
- Ability to solve problem and handle database exceptions
- Ability to reconcile large group of data, identify anomalies and systemically fix issues
- Experience with an HRIS or HRMS
- Familiarity with software and data base
- Excellent organization skills
- Flexibility to assume a workload that frequently necessitates an adjustment of proprieties
- Ability to successfully deal with people at all levels within the organization.
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
· Maintain proper filing and retrieval HR/Admin documentation.
- Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed according to IMC policies and procedures and state and federal labor laws.
- Support the posting, advertising and circulation of vacancy, and screen received applications.
- Schedule interviews and confirm attendance of candidate(s).
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, background check, completing employee documentation, recording data on each current employee, maintain employee files, confirm all procedures are following for terminated/exiting employees.
- Support smooth on-boarding and separation for every employee, including ensuring that job descriptions for every position is up-to-date and accurate, ID Cards are provided, performance evaluations and other required processes are implemented on time and of a high quality
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian labor laws and with all IMC compliance policies to ensure due diligence requirements in the field of human resources and administration are maintained
- Facilitation of international/National staff movement, support planning and purchasing of air tickets and accommodations
- Maintain and accurately track staff leave
- Ensure the office is well supplied with stationary and other office essential materials
- Supervise cooks and cleaners.
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.**
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
How to apply:
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. **
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resources Coordinator, International Medical Corps via the email: [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity organization So Borno State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.