HSE Manager at Bristow Helicopters
Bristow Helicopters is a British helicopter airline originally based at Aberdeen Airport, Scotland, part of the Bristow Group
Bristow Helicopters is a British helicopter airline originally based at Aberdeen Airport, Scotland, part of the Bristow Group (NYSE: BRS, S&P 600 component) based in Houston, Texas, USA.
- Support the development, maintenance, implementation and improvement of the organisation’s Safety Management System.
- Support line management to define, implement, and monitor HSE Specific KPI’s.
- Visit bases in the region regularly and issue reports findings and corrective actions agreed with field supervisors.
- Safety specific: Check lifting equipment certifications, test the ERP, perform safety audits across bases, make lessons learned, distribute alerts, lead job safety meetings, run out safety campaigns, prepare safety records, develop and implement safety award program, lead safety meetings.
- Environmental specific: Implemented environmental waste management plan, comply with local environmental regulations.
- Provided planning, coordination, communication and active and visible support and delivery assurance for the HSE Systems including status, results, follow-up, and actions.
- Ensure effective HSE Investigations are conducted, including, but not limited to, root cause identification, remedial work plan (RWP) development and effective closure.
- Ensure that all required audits, self-assessments and inspections are carried out and that relevant remedial work plans are developed with effective closure.
- Monitor and analyze HSE leading indicators, results, trends and performance indicators; ensuring remedial work plans address negative trends.
- Ensure that HSE risks introduced by the company and third parties are managed and that the performance of these organizations is monitored and reviewed.
- Monitor the accident records and ensure accident forms are raised, significant incidents and near misses investigated with a view to implement lessons learnt
- Produce consultation documents to safety representatives of 3rd party works that is likely to affect their health or safety at work an identified necessary controls.
- Ensured company’s HSE programs complies with Local, State and Federal Regulations.
- Extensive experience in Health and Safety
- Nebosh/IOSH Qualified.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Ability to plan, audit, develop and identify implementation strategies for Compliance.