HSE Officer at EST Master Construction Limited
EST Master Construction Limited was incoporated in Nigeria in the year 2000 and ever since, has shown its ability to adopt a thouroughly modern approach to construction works.
EST Master Construction Limited is a leading construction company in diverse market segments. We are considered among the best because of our ability to undertake large and complex projects, embrace new technologies, and make a difference in the lives of our clients, employees and neighbours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Ref Code: MCLR/HSE/02/20
Location: Port Harcourt – Rivers
- To maintain, develop and continuously improve the CompanyТs HSE Management System in accordance with ISO 9001;
- To assist management in promoting the necessity of maintaining a safe working culture in all aspects of the business.
- To ensure and arrange the provision of Health & Safety training to all staff as required, including, but not limited to Risk Assessment, Manual Handling, Accident Investigation and Reporting, Hazard and Defect Reporting, Environmental Awareness and other relevant training needs as the role develops.
- Attend pre-job planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
- To assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
- To investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned to management.
- To manage the local site security guards provision. To identify and spread good practice across the site, division and company to ensure a consistent approach is achieved.
- To ensure all staff receive appropriate training in health safety security and environment.
- To lead any serious accident or incident investigation, representing the site with the enforcement authorities where appropriate.
- To be aware of new technologies, systems, tools and training packages and where they can be applied for the benefit of the site
- To develop a positive HSE culture on site, ensuring clear accountability, responsibility, skills and knowledge.
- To ensure all worksites are HSE compliant with Company policies and safety standards.
- Lead the identification and appropriate mitigation of risks on site.
- Lead the cultural / behavioral health and safety step change programme on site by working closely with the Project Manager, Site personnel and Subcontractors.
- To co-ordinate the investigation of any accidents or incidents affecting people / property or the local environment. This includes liaising with any enforcement authorities, as a senior Accident Investigator. Drive improvement programme following any incidents.
- To ensure compliance to all legal and Company standards, reviewing and reporting performance.
Qualification and Requirements
- HND / B.Sc in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 yearsТ experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position with evidence of participation in relevant HSE workshops or trainings.
- Able to work in a consistent calm, controlled, positive and effective manner, under own initiative, in a changing environment.
- Ability to work with employees/Subcontractors/skilled and unskilled workers and achieve cultural change.
- Ability to oversee Safety Incentive Programs
- Applicants MUST be resident in Port Harcourt
- Must be experienced in Building Construction
- Excellent Verbal and Written English skills.
- A team player with experience at management level, able to communicate with and influence peers, and deliver performance improvements through a structured and systematic approach.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications quoting the position and reference code as the subject of the mail to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 30th April, 2020.