HSE Officer at Sifax Group
Sifax Group is one of Africa’s fastest growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job TypeFull Time
3 – 5 years
Safety and Environment / HSE
- The HSE Officer will be responsible for performing hazard evaluations and enforcing full terminal health and safety compliance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Health and safety education
- Ensure distribution of P.P.E’s to staff within the terminal as well as visitors and Clients.
- Ensure all health and safety signs are well placed in the right position
- Ensure that all safety precautions are well in place, e.g. fire extinguishers in case of fire outbreak, muster points, safety drills etc.
- Ensure maintenance of safety equipment e.g. fire extinguishers, smoke alarms. etc
- Ensure compliance by all personnel on rules and regulations concerning safety/health and environment
- Assist the HSE Manager to enforce full terminal health and safety regulatory compliance.
- Assist the HSE Manager in collating information for preparation of monthly and annual HSE reports.
- Perform hazard evaluations on the terminal
- Monitoring operations in the terminal, trucks standard for loading.
- Accident and incident investigation and preventive measures.
Skills and Qualifications
- (3-5) years proven experience as safety officer
- B.Sc / BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Membership of a Health and Safety institute is mandatory
- Good knowledge of work place safety measures.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrate genuine concern for people and build strong communication
- Maintain a proactive approach to health and safety concerns
- Can react effectively in an emergency situation.null
Interested and qualified? Go to Sifax Group career website on docs.google.com to apply
- february 2020 nigeria aviation services recruitment
- hse jobs in Nigeria February 2020
- Hse supervisor jobs in Nigeria February 2020