Human Resource Manager at Workforce Group
Workforce Group is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise, in the area of organizational effectiveness and employee performance, the Company is positioned to assist businesses across diverse sectors of the economy in their quest to create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The HoD HRM guides and manages the provision of Human Resource services, policies, and programs for Sax Innovative Network Limited is strategically involved in such areas like HR Planning, Recruitment & Selection, Training and Development, Performance Management, Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations, HR Information Systems, Health and Safety, General Staff Discipline and a variety of employee/employment related issues at any point in time and being the first contact person for all employee related issues.
- The ideal candidate shall work closely with the Managing Director and other department heads/Location Managers to develop, co-ordinate, implement and audit all HR activity within the departments and across the organization.
Recruitment & Selection/On-boarding:
- Partner with Line Managers /Head of Departments to analyze workforce plan/manpower needs
- Manages the process of job requisition, get approvals and monitors position
- Oversee/coordinate the entire recruitment life cycle/exercise
- Drive the Job analysis process, set Performance Objectives/KPIs and Develop Job descriptions in collaboration with Unit Heads.
- Partner with managers/unit heads in developing job descriptions and keeps records of job requirements.
- Develop, implement and monitor recruitment policies and ensure compliance with departmental procedure always.
- Develop/Oversee execution of recruitment strategies/tactics.
- Ensure compliance with Statutory provisions
- Announce job openings within organization, collates and sorts CVs, shortlist applicants and provide contacts between recruiters and hiring managers
- Interviews job candidates, and ensure that stages of interviews are followed
- Coordinates employment offer, advise the unsuccesful ones and prepare for new hire.
- Manage database of successful applicants and report recruiting metrics
- Coordinates orientations for new employee(s) by discussing expectations, review handbook and explain benefits and aslo use the opportunity to get feedbacks.
- Formulates and implements recruitment budgets.
- Monitor and implement the succession plan/ document/escalate related issues promptly to MD .
Training & Development:
- Drive the execution of policies on Training
- Analyze/identify training needs in line with performance appraisal reports.
- Support the formulation, development, implementation and evaluation of training programs in line with policy and management approvals.
- Facilitates training programs.
- Harmonizes identified skills gaps from previous performance evaluation and use the information to prepare training calendar for current year.
- Coordinates and monitors training activities vis-à-vis setting up the classroom, arrange all trainings/provide equipment and materials and see to the completion of training program.
- Arrange and administer Pre-course questionnaires and review post course evaluation form(s)
- Seeks ITF Training approvals and seek reimbursement claims on behalf of the company in line with ITF act.
- Evaluates and monitors training programs by external training firms and recommend for re-engagement or blacklisting.
- Develop basic training programs like induction training, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Network with Learning and Organizational Developments Consultants to breach skill gaps
- Facilitates In-house training arrangements and ensure external facilitators are qualified faculty before signing on.
- Manages departmental training budgets and ensure compliance herein.
Performance and Appraisal Management:
- Initiate and coordinate the performance appraisal activities
- Prepare reports on the outcomes of the process and develop action plans accordingly and submit to MD/CEO
- Captures and reports all areas of improvement in terms of training and development, succession plan, career progression and overall performance metrics
- Supports the coordination of performance appraisal workshops prior to developing certain key performance standards and before appraisal periods
- Escalates factors inhibiting optimal performance of staff as captured in the appraisal discussions.
- Reports and supports any other performance issues
Compensation and Benefit:
- Monitor the administration of the Compensation system
- Coordinate/Partner with Finance Head on Payroll Management
- Manage programs on salary reviews/surveys
- Escalate issues to MD on internal and external equity.
- Communicate information about the company benefits packages to intending senior employee and expatriates staff
- Oversee all issues relating to Staff welfare and promptly escalate issues to MD
Employee Relations and Discipline/Health & Safety:
- Offer advice, guidance, and support to managers and staff to effectively manage issues of discipline and grievance in accordance with values, policies and procedures.
- Enforce discipline and ensure a disciplined workforce and maintenance of a conducive and harmonious industrial relations
- Maintenance of good working relationship with contractors, vendors and other third-party suppliers
- Periodically evaluate activities of HMOs/other service providers to HR in view of SLAs, intervening in resolution of critical situations and escalating issues to the MD promptly.
- Research/Evaluate and report on areas for potential improvement, such as staff well-being programmes to MD
- General maintenance and security of assets and premises
- Provision and maintenance of a safe, clean and conducive environment, and the tools for productive work
- Any other assigned duties assigned
- Prompt recruitment of best fits for vacant positions
- Reduction in employee turnover
- Increased employee engagement and satisfaction
- Maintained internal/external equity in benefit and compensation system
- Improved employee performance relative to approved trainings
- Effective career path mapping for staff members
- Effective monitoring/execution of the of succession plan
- Compliance with statutory requirements/Labor Laws
- Maintained low exposure to litigations
- Satisfactory evidence of meeting requesting Departments requirements
Education / Skills / Experience
- First Degree in Business Management, Psychology, Sociology and other Business related/Social Science discipline.
- MBA/M.Sc. in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or Industrial Relations added advantage.
- Membership of Professional Body (e.g. CIPM, SHRM, HRCI, CIPD is compulsory).
- Minimum of five (5) years cognate experience, with at least five (5) years in a related Management capacity.
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Well-structured and organized
- Good analytical abilities
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning, time management and organizing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex processes
- Ability to assess needs
- Ability to create a vision
- Ability to build a team and to work effectively individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to coach, motivate and lead others
- Ability to focus the resources
- Ability to implement Change Management Process
- Ability to track and measure performance
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to proactively identify process improvement opportunities and engage in implementing improvements
- Capable of being entrusted with Confidential information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively balancing multiple concurrent assignments.
- Training And Development, Time Management, Payroll, Analytical And Problem-solving Skill, Recruiting, Employee Relations
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online